It’s shocking but the vast majority of consumers have bought auto insurance from the same company for more than four years, and just under half have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in Stockton can save 35% each year, but they just don’t understand how much they could save if they bought a different policy.
The recommended way to get low-cost car insurance rates in Stockton is to annually compare prices from companies in California. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how car insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and a negative credit score can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover more details to help reduce prices and find overlooked discounts.
Step 2: Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed application and payment to the new insurer. Make sure you keep the new proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing the same level of coverage on each quote and and to look at as many carriers as you can. This enables the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Our objective is to teach you the best methods to compare rates. If you have a policy now, you should be able to find better prices using the concepts you’re about to learn. But California drivers must understand the way insurance companies calculate your auto insurance rates.
How to compare car insurance quotes in Stockton, California
Many insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO make it easy to get prices direct online. Comparing car insurance rates online doesn’t take much effort as you just type in the coverages you want into the quote form. When complete, the quote system orders credit information and your driving record and provides a quote based on the data you entered. Being able to quote online makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to perform this step in order to get cheaper prices.
To compare rates using this form now, take a look at the companies shown below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you complete the form with the coverages identical to your current policy. This helps ensure you will get a rate comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The providers in the list below offer price comparisons in Stockton, CA. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you click on several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$1,416||$708||$118|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$1,450||$725||$121|
|Ford Escape Limited 2WD||$1,164||$582||$97|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$1,368||$684||$114|
|Ford Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,298||$649||$108|
|Ford Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$1,450||$725||$121|
|GMC Sierra SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$1,450||$725||$121|
|Honda Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$1,498||$749||$125|
|Honda CR-V LX 2WD||$1,128||$564||$94|
|Honda Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$1,496||$748||$125|
|Hyundai Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$1,128||$564||$94|
|Hyundai Sonata Limited 4-Dr Sedan||$1,532||$766||$128|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$1,450||$725||$121|
|Kia Optima SX||$1,532||$766||$128|
|Nissan Altima Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$1,450||$725||$121|
|Toyota Camry SE||$1,416||$708||$118|
|Toyota Corolla LE||$1,416||$708||$118|
|Get Rate Quotes for Your Vehicle Go|
Prices above based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in zip code location which can change coverage prices significantly.
Here’s why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost of buying insurance in Stockton, insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your vehicle at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. An average driver in America overpays more than $800 each year so we recommend shopping around at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Insurance discounts help lower rates
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might find some hidden discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible when you quote, but a few must be asked for before being credited.
- Good Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accidents.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Save with a New Car – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles could earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to monitor driving patterns by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could possibly reduce rates if they are good drivers.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance with one insurance company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works. But all discounts will cut your policy premiums.
To view companies who offer free insurance quotes in California, follow this link.
Auto insurance quotes from local neighborhood Stockton car insurance agents
A small number of people still prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is OK! One of the best bonuses of comparing auto insurance online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from and supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Stockton.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to insurance agents in Stockton who will give you bids to get your business. You won’t even need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You can find better rates AND an agent nearby. If you need to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choose the right auto insurance agent
When finding a good insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents from which to choose. Auto insurance agents are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to get rate quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following is a partial list of independent agents in Stockton who can help you get free auto insurance rate quotes.
C.Chuck Taylor Insurance Agency
9210 Thornton Rd # 5 – Stockton, CA 95209 – (209) 477-2234 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. They receive a lot of sales training on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Stockton who can help you get price quote information.
Finding a good car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Stockton will have answers to these questions.
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- How many years have they been established?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
Don’t assume everyone needs the same car insurance coverage
When selecting insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. You are unique.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Stockton?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Are combined or split liability limits better?
- Should I rate my vehicle as pleasure use or commute?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
Cheap car insurance rates are out there
Budget-conscious car insurance is possible both online as well as from independent agents in Stockton, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies may not have online rate quotes and these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, make sure you don’t skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to shop for car insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Stockton auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest rates are with the least-expected company.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read in the articles below:
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Stockton? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teenagers in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)