The most effective way to get discount car insurance rates is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies that sell auto insurance in Stockton.
- Take a little time to learn about car insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that increase rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a low credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy and determine if cheaper Ram coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
Regrettably, most car insurance buyers in California have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared car insurance rates at all. American consumers could save roughly 47% a year just by shopping around, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rates online.
How to lower your Dodge Ram insurance cost in Stockton
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more quotes helps improve the odds of finding the best rates. Some smaller insurers do not give online Stockton Ram insurance quotes, so it’s necessary to compare prices from them, too.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Stockton, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Dodge Ram coverage analysis
The price information shown below showcases detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Dodge Ram models. Having insight into how policy premiums are established can aid in making informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$238||$392||$564||$34||$168||$1,396||$116|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$270||$478||$564||$34||$168||$1,514||$126|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$270||$478||$564||$34||$168||$1,514||$126|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$270||$478||$564||$34||$168||$1,514||$126|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$270||$478||$564||$34||$168||$1,514||$126|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$270||$478||$564||$34||$168||$1,514||$126|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$270||$478||$564||$34||$168||$1,514||$126|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$270||$478||$564||$34||$168||$1,514||$126|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$270||$478||$564||$34||$168||$1,514||$126|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$300||$564||$564||$34||$168||$1,630||$136|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$300||$564||$564||$34||$168||$1,630||$136|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$300||$564||$564||$34||$168||$1,630||$136|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$300||$564||$564||$34||$168||$1,630||$136|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$300||$564||$564||$34||$168||$1,630||$136|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$300||$564||$564||$34||$168||$1,630||$136|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$300||$564||$564||$34||$168||$1,630||$136|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$300||$564||$564||$34||$168||$1,630||$136|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$300||$564||$564||$34||$168||$1,630||$136|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$300||$648||$564||$34||$168||$1,714||$143|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$300||$648||$564||$34||$168||$1,714||$143|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in specific garaging location which can revise premium rates considerably.
How accidents and violations affect rates
The example below highlights how traffic violations and accidents can increase Dodge Ram insurance prices for different ages of insureds. The prices are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Why you need quality insurance for your vehicle
Even though Stockton Ram insurance rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
First, most states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Ram with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may buy a policy for your Dodge at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
Third, car insurance preserves both your Dodge and your personal assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying over $869 every year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Smart Buyers Can Save Money
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that help calculate the price you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you cheaper rates.
Gals pay lower rates – Statistics have proven women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. Women and men cause at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Male teenagers are the most expensive to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
The example below shows the difference between Dodge Ram car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Buying a car with an alarm system can earn a premium discount. Advanced theft deterrents such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent car theft.
- Stay claim-free and reduce insurance rates – If you frequently file small claims, you should expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in California generally give the best rates to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Poor credit history equals high rates – Having a good credit score factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Dodge Ram by taking the time to improve your credit score. Insureds with good credit tend to be more responsible than those with lower ratings.
- Add-on coverages are wasting money – Insurance policies have a lot of extra bells and whistles that can add up if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for rental car coverage, better glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
Save a ton by earning discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can help lower your rates. Certain reductions will be credited when you purchase, but some must be manually applied before being credited.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member may lower your prices slightly.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Stockton car insurance quote. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in Stockton can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- New Vehicle Savings – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less since new vehicles are generally safer.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The example below shows the difference between Dodge Ram auto insurance rates with and without discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
The best car insurance companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- Farm Bureau has savings for safe driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, renewal discount, driver training, 55 and retired, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new move discount, new graduate, newly married, good student, safety features, and new vehicle discount.
- State Farm may include discounts for passive restraint, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, and student away at school.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including safe vehicle, paid in full, anti-theft, multi-policy, paperless, teen driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- GEICO may have discounts that include five-year accident-free, membership and employees, defensive driver, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, and air bags.
- SAFECO has discounts for anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, safe driver, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, and drive less.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Discounts may not apply in your state.
Are auto insurance agents of importance?
Many drivers just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is just fine! The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Stockton.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Stockton who will gladly provide quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no need to drive around since price quotes are sent instantly to you. You can find lower rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to get a price quote from a particular provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Car insurance agents are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, they simply move your policy to a different company and you can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Stockton that may be able to give you price quote information.
Brown and Brown Ins. Svcs. of CA Inc. DBA Debock and Muth Insurance Agency
1330 W Fremont St – Stockton, CA 95203 – (209) 465-5671 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel work for only one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Stockton who can help you get price quote information.
Choosing an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. The following questions are important to ask.
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
More comparisons equals affordable rates
We just covered some good ideas how you can save on Dodge Ram insurance in Stockton. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Dodge Ram rate quotes. You may even find the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
When getting Stockton car insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost.
Cheaper insurance in Stockton is available both online and from local agencies, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some companies may not offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
To read more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Teenage Females in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)