It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. People who shop around for cheaper price quotes will most likely switch auto insurance companies because they have good chances of finding lower prices. A study discovered that people who compared prices regularly saved over $70 a month compared to people who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest price for Ford Fusion insurance in Stockton is your intention, then having some insight into how to get rate quotes and compare insurance premiums can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get cheaper Ford Fusion insurance is to regularly compare prices from providers in Stockton.
- Learn about how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an imperfect credit rating can be eliminated by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices from many different companies. Find a Stockton insurance agent
- Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give notification to your current company of your intent to cancel the current policy. Submit a signed application and payment for the new policy. Make sure you place the new proof of insurance certificate in an easily accessible location.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Just keep in mind that comparing more rates from different companies helps locate a lower rate than you’re paying now. Some regional insurers cannot provide price estimates online, so it’s recommended that you also compare prices from them, too.
The companies in the list below can provide price comparisons in Stockton, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
Get cheaper Ford Fusion insurance in Stockton with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise their entire list of discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the following is a list of both the well known and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates. If you don’t get every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you can actually save on your bill.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning your own home or condo may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will qualify for a discount on a Stockton auto insurance quote.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Professional Organizations – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Stockton could qualify you for a break on your next insurance statement.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy with the same insurance company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Telematics Discount – Drivers that enable their company to spy on where and when they drive by installing a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies will provide an incentive shop Stockton auto insurance on your computer.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving less may allow you to get substantially lower rates.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Ford Fusion auto insurance costs with and without discounts. The premiums are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, multi-car, multi-policy, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Stockton, follow this link.
Coverage statistics and figures
The premium table displayed below showcases detailed analysis of prices for Ford Fusion models. Being more informed about how insurance prices are established can benefit drivers when making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$316||$464||$578||$34||$174||$1,566||$131|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$358||$546||$578||$34||$174||$1,690||$141|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$358||$630||$724||$42||$216||$1,970||$164|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$358||$546||$578||$34||$174||$1,690||$141|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$358||$546||$578||$34||$174||$1,690||$141|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$398||$630||$578||$34||$174||$1,814||$151|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$398||$630||$578||$34||$174||$1,814||$151|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can increase or decrease insurance rates noticeably.
Cautious Stockton drivers save money
The information below demonstrates how traffic citations and accidents can raise Ford Fusion insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The information is based on a single male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability-only in Stockton
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Ford Fusion insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The premium estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no set guideline to delete comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Ford Fusion book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $800 annually to have full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not advised. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
What Affects Ford Fusion Insurance Prices?
It’s important that you understand the factors that play a part in calculating your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
- Raise your comp and collision deductibles for better premiums – Physical damage protection, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a dented fender, flood damage, and windstorm damage. Your deductibles define the amount the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more of the claim the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
More performance means higher rates – The make and model of the car you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your rates. The lowest performance passenger models receive the most favorable rates, but your final cost has many other factors.
The chart below assumes a married female driver age 40, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Ford Fusion car insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performance risks.
- Safety first – Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and fewer serious injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and lower rates for you.
- Premiums are affected by your credit score – Having a good credit rating factor in your rate calculation. If your credit is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your Ford Fusion by taking the time to improve your credit score. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers with poor credit.
Is insurance coverage cheaper for females or males? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. They both get in auto accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also receive more major tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 tend to get in the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Ford Fusion insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
- Continuous auto insurance coverage lowers prices – Going without insurance is a sure-fire way to pay more for auto insurance. In addition to paying higher premiums, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in fines and jail time.
- Car plus home equals more savings – Some insurance companies allow better rates to customers that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still save even more by buying insurance from more than one company.
Your age impacts your premiums – Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Teenage drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted when driving and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
The next chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Ford Fusion historical loss data – Auto insurance companies use claims history when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that are shown to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Ford Fusion vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Ford Fusion Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Fusion 2WD 110 95 108 116 111 105 Ford Fusion 4WD 115 85 120 88 77 71 Ford Fusion Hybrid 125 97 98 92 93 95 Ford Fusion Plug-in Hybrid 128 87 91 88 91 107BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood Stockton auto insurance agent
Many drivers just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and often times that is recommended A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Stockton that can give you free Stockton auto insurance quotes for your business. You never need to search for an agent since price quotes are sent immediately to you. It’s the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurance company should depend on more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
Listed below is a list of auto insurance companies in Stockton that may be willing to give price quote information for Ford Fusion insurance in Stockton.
- Dohrmann Insurance Agency, Inc.
3415 Brookside Rd – Stockton, CA 95219 – (209) 478-1400 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Evelyn Morales
1348 N Center St – Stockton, CA 95202 – (209) 465-7446 – View Map
- Ann Harvie – State Farm Insurance Agent
5637 N Pershing Ave, Ste E22 – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 956-2525 – View Map
- Travaille Insurance: Travaille Amy
6735 Herndon Pl # A – Stockton, CA 95219 – (209) 473-1777 – View Map
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
Discount Ford Fusion insurance in Stockton is definitely available from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, policy cancellation, high prices and high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut physical damage coverage and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost.
More information is located below:
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Police Officers in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Retired Military in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)