If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find discount auto insurance rates in Stockton is to start comparing rates regularly from providers who provide car insurance in California. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how your policy works and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price like accidents, careless driving, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle. This article gives information to help reduce premium rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get rates from every company you can. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Insureds who shop around for cheaper price quotes will presumably buy a different policy because the odds are good of finding a lower rate. A recent survey found that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved $72 a month as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest price for car insurance is your objective, then understanding how to compare cheaper coverage can save time, money, and frustration.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Honda Civic insurance in Stockton is to realize most larger insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to quote your coverage. The one thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information including how much education you have, if you’re married, what you do for a living, and coverage limits. The data is submitted instantly to many of the top insurers and they respond with quotes immediately.
To find lower affordable Honda Civic insurance rates now, click here and find out if you can get cheaper insurance in Stockton.
The companies in the list below offer price comparisons in California. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why you need quality insurance for your Civic
Despite the high insurance cost for a Honda Civic in Stockton, insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Civic has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your Honda Civic and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in California is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to save money.
Rates and other information
The price information displayed below outlines estimates of insurance costs for Honda Civic models. Knowing how car insurance premiums are calculated can benefit drivers when making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$454||$500||$30||$150||$1,342||$112|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$536||$500||$30||$150||$1,424||$119|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$536||$500||$30||$150||$1,424||$119|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$208||$536||$624||$36||$186||$1,590||$133|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$536||$500||$30||$150||$1,424||$119|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$536||$500||$30||$150||$1,424||$119|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$208||$616||$624||$36||$186||$1,670||$139|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$238||$616||$500||$30||$150||$1,534||$128|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$238||$616||$500||$30||$150||$1,534||$128|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$238||$616||$624||$36||$186||$1,700||$142|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$238||$616||$500||$30||$150||$1,534||$128|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$238||$616||$624||$36||$186||$1,700||$142|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$270||$536||$500||$30||$150||$1,486||$124|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$270||$698||$624||$36||$186||$1,814||$151|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Rates do not factor in specific garaging location which can modify premium rates substantially.
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can affect Honda Civic insurance prices for each age group. The premiums assume a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are factored in.
Score discounts on Stockton auto insurance
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but companies offer discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be specifically requested before being credited.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few companies offer discounts for switching companies before your current Civic insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Driving fewer miles could qualify for slightly better rates than normal.
- College Student – College-age children who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you lower rates if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags could see savings of 20% or more.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but a few companies such as Allstate and Progressive will let one accident slide without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
- Sign Online – A few auto insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for signing up digitally online.
Don’t be surprised that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Honda Civic car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
Companies that may include many of the previously listed discounts possibly include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Stockton. To locate providers that offer discounts in Stockton, click here to view.