Are you tired of overpaying and want more competitive Ford F-150 insurance in Stockton? If you are new to getting Stockton auto insurance quotes online, it’s easy to be overwhelmed by the sheer number of companies offering insurance in Stockton.
A recent insurance study revealed that the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never quoted insurance rates at all. American insurance shoppers could save approximately $859 a year by just shopping around, but most just don’t grasp the benefits if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Stockton is not that difficult. If you are already insured, you will surely be able to lower your rates using the techniques covered below. But California drivers can benefit from knowing the way companies set your policy premium because rates fluctuate considerably.
Cheapest auto insurance in Stockton, CA
The following companies offer comparison quotes in Stockton, CA. If multiple providers are shown, it’s highly recommended you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Rates and statistics
The table shown below showcases a range of prices for Ford F-150 models. Learning more about how car insurance premiums are calculated can be valuable when making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$298||$370||$442||$26||$132||$1,268||$106|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$298||$472||$442||$26||$132||$1,370||$114|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$298||$472||$442||$26||$132||$1,370||$114|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$298||$472||$442||$26||$132||$1,370||$114|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$298||$472||$442||$26||$132||$1,370||$114|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$342||$472||$442||$26||$132||$1,414||$118|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$342||$472||$442||$26||$132||$1,414||$118|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$342||$472||$442||$26||$132||$1,414||$118|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$342||$472||$442||$26||$132||$1,414||$118|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$342||$472||$442||$26||$132||$1,414||$118|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$342||$472||$442||$26||$132||$1,414||$118|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$342||$472||$442||$26||$132||$1,414||$118|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$342||$472||$442||$26||$132||$1,414||$118|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$386||$472||$442||$26||$132||$1,458||$122|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$386||$472||$442||$26||$132||$1,458||$122|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$386||$472||$442||$26||$132||$1,458||$122|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$386||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,562||$130|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$386||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,562||$130|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$386||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,562||$130|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$386||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,562||$130|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$386||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,562||$130|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$386||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,562||$130|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$386||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,562||$130|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$386||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,562||$130|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$386||$576||$442||$26||$132||$1,562||$130|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$386||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,664||$139|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$386||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,664||$139|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$386||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,664||$139|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$430||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,708||$142|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$430||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,708||$142|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$430||$678||$442||$26||$132||$1,708||$142|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific location information which can revise coverage rates significantly.
Reckless driving habits raise Stockton car insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and accident claims can increase Ford F-150 auto insurance costs for each different age group. The information is based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Men versus women drivers and insurance cost
The diagram below shows the difference between Ford F-150 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The diagram below compares Ford F-150 insurance prices when comparing full coverage to liability only. Data assumes no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There isn’t a written rule to stop paying for full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford F-150 settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, you would only receive $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If premium cost is more than $800 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Ford F-150 insurance in Stockton
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- No Accidents – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers – Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Online Discount – A handful of companies will give you a small discount shop Stockton auto insurance on your computer.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more on F-150 insurance in Stockton.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The illustration below compares Ford F-150 insurance premiums with and without some available policy discounts. The information is based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
To see a list of providers with discount car insurance rates in Stockton, click here to view.
Four factors that determine insurance premiums
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that may reward you with lower rates.
- Defend yourself with liability – The liability section of your policy is the protection if ever you are determined to be liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Never let your auto insurance policy expire – Not having insurance is not a good idea and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay higher rates, getting caught without coverage might get you a steep fine or even jail time. You may then have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department.
- Companies want multiple policies – Most insurers give a discount for people who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be five, ten or even twenty percent. If you currently are using one company, you may still want to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Performance influences costs – The type of car you own makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest premiums are for economy passenger models, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The chart below assumes a single female driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Ford F-150 rates compared to other vehicles that have a range of performances.
Ford F-150 claim probability – Insurers use statistical claims data to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that are shown to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for specific coverages. The data below shows the historical loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Values that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger losses.
Ford F-150 Insurance Claim Statistics Specific Ford Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD 67 110 39 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD 42 93 72 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD 75 76 101 56 57 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When quoting and choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is unique.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Are insurance agents obsolete?
Certain consumers just prefer to sit down with an agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents in Stockton who will give you bids for your coverage. There is no need to visit any agencies because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You can find lower rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to compare prices from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Selecting an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just the quoted price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
Types of auto insurance agents
If you want a reliable agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents have only one company to place business with like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers sometimes choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Stockton who can help you get comparison quotes.
- George Azevedo Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
718 Lincoln Center – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 474-3285 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Richard Perry
7895 N Pershing Ave – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 477-9936 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Ryan Turner
4560 N Pershing Ave b – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 957-1100 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to do anything.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to get several quotes from several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are independent agencies in Stockton willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Maffei Ins and Fin Services
2540 Pacific Ave #1 – Stockton, CA 95204 – (209) 957-9433 – View Map
- Protection Providers Insurance Agency
304 W Harding Way – Stockton, CA 95204 – (209) 466-1072 – View Map
- Berbower Insurance Agency
1330 W Robinhood Dr Suite A1 – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 405-1088 – View Map
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can save on Ford F-150 insurance in Stockton. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agencies. Cheaper Ford F-150 insurance in Stockton can be bought from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
When getting Stockton auto insurance quotes online, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Steps to finding discount Ford F-150 insurance in Stockton
The preferred way to find low-cost prices for Ford F-150 insurance in Stockton is to regularly compare quotes from companies who provide auto insurance in California.
- Take a little time to learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that increase rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and poor credit rating can be amended by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on F-150 insurance. If you can save some money and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new company or agent. Immediately upon receiving it, safely store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The most important part of shopping around is that you use identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get price quotes from all possible companies. Doing this enables a level playing field and a complete rate analysis.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Optima in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Teenage Males in Stockton? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Police Officers in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)