It’s well known that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who compare rates once a year will most likely move their business because there are good odds of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey revealed that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly auto insurance in Stockton is your target objective, then having a grasp of how to find and compare car insurance can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find more affordable Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance is to compare prices annually from different companies that insure vehicles in Stockton.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about individual coverages and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as traffic citations and poor credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies. View prices
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One bit of advice is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. Doing this guarantees a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Companies offering Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Stockton
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Coverage statistics and figures
The data table below outlines detailed analysis of policy rates for Jeep Grand Cherokee models. Learning more about how car insurance prices are determined can help customers make smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 2WD||$238||$454||$500||$30||$150||$1,372||$114|
|Grand Cherokee Laredo 4WD||$238||$454||$500||$30||$150||$1,372||$114|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$270||$536||$500||$30||$150||$1,486||$124|
|Grand Cherokee Limited 4WD||$270||$536||$500||$30||$150||$1,486||$124|
|Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4WD||$270||$536||$500||$30||$150||$1,486||$124|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in specific garaging location which can affect price quotes substantially.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance prices with and without full coverage. The rates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There isn’t a steadfast formula of when to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Jeep Grand Cherokee replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $4,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are currently paying more than $400 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
Discount Stockton car insurance quotes
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but some need to be asked about before you get the savings.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Good Grades Discount – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting coverage on a new Grand Cherokee can be considerably cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking time to complete a class that teaches defensive driving techniques could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Telematics Data – Insureds that choose to allow companies to monitor their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates as long as the data is positive.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky.
The illustration below compares Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. Data assumes a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, marriage, claim-free, multi-car, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm has discounts for good driver, good student, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, driver training, multi-vehicle, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, and five-year accident-free.
- Allstate may offer discounts for anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, auto/life discount, utility vehicle, resident student, new car, and premier plus.
- SAFECO includes discounts for teen safe driver, multi-car, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, safe driver, accident prevention training, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including renewal discount, multi-policy, safe driver, driver training, 55 and retired, youthful driver, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online signing, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA discounts include good student, good driver, pay-in-full, multi-car, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, and education and occupation.
If you are trying to find affordable Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance quotes, ask each company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. To see a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Stockton, click this link.
Car insurance quotes from local Stockton insurance agents
Many people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Experienced insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help you file claims. The best thing about getting online price quotes is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your business. You don’t have to find an agent as quotes are delivered to you. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurer requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These questions are important to ask:
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Is the agent properly licensed in California?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
If you would like to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Stockton agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it’s worth mentioning the subtle differences since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are trained well in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Some people will only use the same agent partially due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Stockton that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Richard Perry
7895 N Pershing Ave – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 477-9936 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Olivia Lara
4110 N El Dorado St – Stockton, CA 95204 – (209) 518-9465 – View Map
- Wandy Siam – State Farm Insurance Agent
4410 N Pershing Ave, Ste C7 – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 477-5511 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents can quote rates with many companies so they can quote policies amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally without you having to go to a different agency.
When searching for an agent, it’s recommended you check rates from multiple independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. They often place coverage with mutual insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Shown below are Stockton independent insurance agents that can give you price quote information.
- Beacon Padula Insurance
1150 W Robinhood Dr Suite 2b – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 478-3775 – View Map
- Truex Insurance Agency
4609 Quail Lakes Dr #1 – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 477-1111 – View Map
- Travaille Insurance: Travaille Amy
6735 Herndon Pl # A – Stockton, CA 95219 – (209) 473-1777 – View Map
California auto insurance company ratings
Buying coverage from the highest-rated car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many different companies sell coverage in Stockton. The company rank data in the next section may help you analyze which auto insurance companies you want to consider purchasing from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Find cheap rates by being thorough
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped full coverage and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including high prices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests or denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, switching auto insurance companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to find cheaper Jeep Grand Cherokee insurance in Stockton. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Stockton auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from an unexpected company.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found by following these links:
- New head restraint design cuts injuries (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Stockton Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for Teenage Females in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Stockton Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)