Are you sick of overpaying and want lower-priced car insurance rates in Stockton, CA? Stockton shoppers have options when shopping for the best price on Subaru Outback insurance. You can either waste hours driving around trying to get quotes or leverage the internet to get rate quotes.
There are more efficient ways to buy car insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to get price quotes for a Subaru and get the cheapest rates from both online companies and Stockton agents.
These tips will introduce you to how to compare rates easily and how to save the most money. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to shop for the lowest rates using the tips covered below. Smart buyers just have to use the quickest method to buy auto insurance using one simple form.
Companies offering competitive Subaru Outback rate quotes in Stockton, CA
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide price comparisons in Stockton, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Subaru Outback insurance charts and tables
The data table shown next covers estimates of insurance prices for Subaru Outback models. Learning a little about how insurance rates are established is important for drivers to make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Outback 2.5I Premium||$332||$564||$500||$30||$150||$1,576||$131|
|Outback 2.5I Limited||$332||$564||$500||$30||$150||$1,576||$131|
|Outback 3.6R Premium||$332||$564||$500||$30||$150||$1,576||$131|
|Outback 3.6R Limited||$370||$664||$500||$30||$150||$1,714||$143|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can change insurance rates greatly.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Subaru Outback yearly insurance costs for different age groups. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Insurance premiums based on gender
The example below visualizes the comparison of Subaru Outback insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
Cheaper Stockton insurance rates with discounts
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for prior to getting the savings.
- Senior Citizen Rates – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a small discount on rates.
- Good Students Pay Less – Being a good student may save as much as 25% on a Stockton car insurance quote. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles are generally safer.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active deployment in the military could mean lower prices.
- Stockton Homeowners Pay Less – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are stolen less frequently and will save you 10% or more on Outback insurance in Stockton.
- College Student – Kids who live away from home at college and do not have a car could qualify for this discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Subaru Outback car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that may have many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of companies offering insurance discounts in Stockton, click here to view.
How Your Outback Insurance Costs are Determined
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, although some other factors are more obscure like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
Listed below are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into your prices.
- A good credit history can save money – A driver’s credit score is a big factor in determining premium rates. People with high credit ratings tend to be more responsible than drivers who have worse credit. Therefore, if your credit score leaves room for improvement, you may save money insuring your Subaru Outback if you improve your credit rating.
- No insurance claims equals cheap insurance rates – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance companies in California provide lower rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- How much liability insurance do you need? – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Only buy what you need – There are quite a few extra add-on coverages that can add up on your insurance policy. Things like roadside assistance, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage may be wasting your money. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them remove them and pocket the money.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – Lots of insurance companies will award discounts to insureds who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you’re getting this discount consumers should still compare other Stockton Outback insurance rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Alarms and GPS tracking lower rates – Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help lower your premiums. Advanced theft deterrents such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar help track and prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Subaru Outback claim statistics – Insurance companies use data from past claims when setting premium prices. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher frequency or amount of claims will be charged more to insure. The table below demonstrates the loss history for Subaru Outback vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Values under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Subaru Outback Vehicles Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru Outback 4WD 58 68 106 63 64 68 Subaru Outback with Eyesight 4WD 57 46 106 61 58 40BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How to know if you need help
When quoting and choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Is my Subaru Outback covered if I use it for business?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Many drivers would rather sit down and talk to an agent. Professional insurance agents can help you build your policy and help file insurance claims. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates and also buy local. And buying from local agencies is definitely important in Stockton.
By using this short form, the quote information is instantly submitted to insurance agents in Stockton that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to your email. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific company, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you need to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, you should know the different types of agents and how they work. Auto insurance agencies can be categorized as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s good to learn the differences since it could factor into your agent selection.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by one company so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent.
When searching for an agent, it’s a good idea to compare quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates. Most have the option of insuring with small mutual carriers which may provide better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Stockton who may provide comparison quotes.
- Protection Providers Insurance Agency
304 W Harding Way – Stockton, CA 95204 – (209) 466-1072 – View Map
- Dohrmann Insurance Agency, Inc.
3415 Brookside Rd – Stockton, CA 95219 – (209) 478-1400 – View Map
- Evelyn Vega Insurance Agency
1108 Waterloo Rd #7 – Stockton, CA 95205 – (209) 405-2440 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. These agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are very knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
Listed below are Stockton exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Ryan Turner
4560 N Pershing Ave b – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 957-1100 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Ryan Merin
3439 Brookside Rd #106 – Stockton, CA 95219 – (209) 957-4675 – View Map
- Jeff Kroll – State Farm Insurance Agent
8855 Thornton Rd A – Stockton, CA 95209 – (209) 473-7104 – View Map
Choosing the best auto insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
Shop around and save
Some companies do not offer online quoting and many times these regional carriers only sell through independent agents. Budget-friendly insurance in Stockton is possible online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare rates from both to have the best rate selection.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, policy non-renewal, not issuing a premium refund or even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, finding a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
When buying insurance coverage, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In too many instances, someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your focus should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
How to find discount Subaru Outback insurance in Stockton
Truthfully, the best way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare prices once a year from insurance carriers in Stockton.
- First, try to comprehend how insurance companies determine prices and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many rating factors that cause high rates like distracted driving and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Outback insurance. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
The most important part of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This enables a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Additional information can be read at the links below
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Stockton? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Single Moms in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Immigrants in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)