Truthfully, the best way to find better pricing on Subaru Impreza insurance in Stockton is to do an annual price comparison from different companies who provide auto insurance in California. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Get an understanding of how companies set rates and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a negative credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article gives more details to keep prices down and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit a signed application and payment to the newly selected company. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to use the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
Astonishing but true, most consumers in California have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. The average driver in the U.S. can save $850 each year, but they just don’t want to do a rate comparison.
Best companies for low-cost Subaru Impreza insurance in California
The following companies have been selected to offer price quotes in Stockton, CA. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance coverage details
The table below covers a range of insurance premium costs for Subaru Impreza models. Being more informed about how insurance rates are figured can help customers make decisions on which insurance to purchase.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Impreza 2.5I 4WD Station Wagon||$272||$438||$534||$32||$160||$1,436||$120|
|Impreza 2.5I 4WD Station Wagon||$272||$438||$534||$32||$160||$1,436||$120|
|Impreza Outback Sport 4WD Station Wagon||$272||$534||$534||$32||$160||$1,532||$128|
|Impreza 2.5I AWD 4-Dr||$306||$534||$534||$32||$160||$1,566||$131|
|Impreza 2.5I Premium Package AWD 4-Dr||$306||$628||$534||$32||$160||$1,660||$138|
|Impreza WRX 4WD Station Wagon||$306||$628||$534||$32||$160||$1,660||$138|
|Impreza 2.5 GT 4WD Station Wagon||$342||$628||$534||$32||$160||$1,696||$141|
|Impreza WRX AWD 4-Dr||$342||$724||$534||$32||$160||$1,792||$149|
|Impreza 2.5I GT AWD 4-Dr||$342||$724||$534||$32||$160||$1,792||$149|
|Impreza WRX STI 4WD Station Wagon||$342||$724||$534||$32||$160||$1,792||$149|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in vehicle location which can revise premiums considerably.
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can influence Subaru Impreza insurance costs for each different age category. Data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The information below illustrates the difference between Subaru Impreza insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. Data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There isn’t a steadfast formula of when to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s say your Subaru Impreza claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying over $800 a year for physical damage coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some circumstances where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Cheaper Subaru Impreza insurance in Stockton
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every discount available very clearly, so below is a list both the well known and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Stockton auto insurance online.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for better car insurance rates.
- Smart Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Have your child enroll in driver’s education as it can save substantially.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% and get you the cheapest Subaru Impreza insurance in Stockton.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies will turn a blind eye to one accident without raising rates if you have no claims before the accident.
- Own a Home and Save – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The diagram below compares Subaru Impreza insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The premiums are based on a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO has discounts for military active duty, air bags, five-year accident-free, federal employee, daytime running lights, anti-theft, and seat belt use.
- USAA has savings for safe driver, good student, multi-policy, military installation, defensive driver, driver training, and vehicle storage.
- Progressive discounts include homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- American Family offers discounts including mySafetyValet, good driver, good student, Steer into Savings, defensive driver, and TimeAway discount.
- Esurance may include discounts for DriveSense, good student, safety device, online quote, emergency road assistance, and claim free.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include distant student, youthful driver, homeowner, multi-car, teen driver, mature driver, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for student away at school, anti-theft, passive restraint, good student, and safe vehicle.
If you want the cheapest Subaru Impreza rate quotes, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not apply in your state. To locate insurance companies that offer discounts in California, click here.
Will just any policy work for me?
When quoting and comparing the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- What is the minimum liability in California?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
You may want advice from an insurance agent
Many people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of getting online price quotes is that you can find the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that can give you free Stockton auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to you. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an insurer should include more criteria than just a low price. A good agent in Stockton will have answers to these questions.
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Stockton for you
When narrowing the list to find a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures from which to choose. Agents in Stockton may be either exclusive or independent. Either type can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences because it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company like State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Stockton that are able to give price quotes.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will want to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent agents in Stockton that can give you price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Larry Benson Insurance Agency Inc
4545 Georgetown Pl Ste A1 – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 337-0241 – View Map
Banuelos Insurance Agency
2300 Waterloo Rd – Stockton, CA 95205 – (209) 513-3248 – View Map
How to find a good Stockton car insurance company
Buying coverage from the best insurer is difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in California. The ranking information listed below can help you pick which car insurance providers to look at putting your business with.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Affordable coverage is out there
Cheap Subaru Impreza insurance in Stockton can be sourced online and with local Stockton insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers don’t offer price quotes online and these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
Throughout this article, we presented many tips how you can compare Subaru Impreza insurance rates in Stockton. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with a lesser-known regional company.
As you shop your coverage around, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice full coverage to discover at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Additional insurance information can be read below:
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Stockton Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Stockton? (FAQ)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)