Want to learn how to save money and find more affordable Volvo XC60 insurance in Stockton? No normal person loves paying for insurance, especially when they know they are paying too much.
Unimaginable but true, the vast majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for well over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. Stockton drivers can cut their rates by as much as 35% a year, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they changed companies.
You have so many auto insurance companies to choose from, and even though it’s nice to have a choice, so many choices can make it hard to compare rates and find the lowest cost insurance.
Smart consumers take time to do rate comparisons on a regular basis because insurance prices change quite often. Just because you had the lowest rates on Volvo XC60 insurance in Stockton six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because I’m going to teach you the best way to save on insurance.
The purpose of this article is to help educate you on how insurance works and some tricks to saving. If you already have coverage, you should be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the ideas presented in this article. Nevertheless, California vehicle owners must understand how insurance companies determine prices because it varies considerably.
When shopping for the cheapest Volvo XC60 rate quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from different companies. The easiest way to lower the rate you pay for Volvo XC60 insurance is to get quotes online.
It’s so simple to compare insurance quotes online makes it a waste of time to physically go to local Stockton insurance agencies. Doing it all online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you’re the type of person who wants the extra assistance that only an agent can give. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop your insurance online but buy the policy through an agent.
Just remember that comparing a large number of companies helps improve the odds of finding more affordable insurance. Not every company allows you to get online price quotes, so you should also compare quotes on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Insurance coverage details
The data table shown below covers a range of insurance costs for Volvo XC60 models. Learning more about how insurance prices are calculated can benefit drivers when making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC60 3.2 2WD||$328||$650||$488||$28||$146||$1,640||$137|
|XC60 3.2 AWD||$370||$650||$488||$28||$146||$1,682||$140|
|XC60 T6 AWD AWD||$370||$766||$488||$28||$146||$1,798||$150|
|XC60 T6-R AWD AWD||$412||$766||$488||$28||$146||$1,840||$153|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can impact insurance rates significantly.
Volvo XC60 insurance costs by age and gender
The chart below compares Volvo XC60 annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The chart below illustrates the difference between Volvo XC60 yearly insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premiums are based on no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Are you wasting money on full coverage?
There is no exact rule of when to stop paying for full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Volvo XC60 claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not advised. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Why you need Volvo XC60 insurance in California
Despite the high insurance cost for a Volvo XC60 in Stockton, insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Volvo XC60 has a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Volvo at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for it.
Third, insurance protects your car and your assets. It will also reimburse you for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America is overpaying over $830 a year so shop around each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Learn How to Lower Your Insurance Rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that help determine the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you know what determines base rates, this allows you to make educated decisions that may result in better auto insurance rates. Many things are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, although others are less obvious such as your credit history or your commute time.
- Better auto insurance rates for continuous coverage – Having an insurance coverage lapse is a quick way to bump up your auto insurance costs. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance could result in fines or a revoked license.
- Cars with good safety ratings mean better rates – Vehicles that have high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Increase comp and collision deductibles and save – The deductibles define how much the insured will be required to pay if a covered claim is submitted. Coverage for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Some coverage claims are colliding with a stationary object, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The more of the claim you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Avoid unnecessary add-on coverages – There are a ton of extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you don’t pay attention. Insurance for things like roadside assistance, towing coverage, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing at first, but if you have no use for them consider taking them off your policy.
- Can a thief steal your car? – Buying a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Theft prevention features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems help track and prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
- Where you live can influence costs – Living in a small town has definite advantages if you are looking for the lowest rates. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims. People in densely populated areas regularly have traffic congestion and longer commute times. More time commuting means more chance of being in an accident.
Volvo XC60 insurance loss data – Insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will have increased rates.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Volvo XC60 vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Values that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Volvo XC60 Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo XC60 4dr 2WD 79 74 70 60 53 55 Volvo XC60 4dr 4WD 93 82 75 66 64 57BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Save money with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be manually applied before being credited.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow their insurance company to look at vehicle usage by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a defensive driving class can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to fasten their seat belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Paperless Signup – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on your computer.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them early. You could save around 10% when you buy Stockton car insurance online.
- Low Miles Discount – Low mileage vehicles may allow you to get discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
Please keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Just because it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, that’s just not realistic.
The example below shows the difference between Volvo XC60 yearly insurance costs with and without discounts. The data is based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with the best discounts in Stockton, follow this link.
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Volvo XC60?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- What is the ISO rating for a Volvo XC60?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Buying from car insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local agents is still important in Stockton.
By using this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Stockton who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to contact any agents since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to compare rates for a specific company, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Compare rates from both independent and exclusive car insurance agents
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Stockton agents are either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
These agents do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing car insurance rates, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Stockton that may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Stockton that are able to give price quote information.
Finding a good auto insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
Stockton auto insurance company ratings
Buying coverage from the right car insurance company is difficult considering how many choices drivers have in California. The rank data in the lists below could help you select which companies to look at purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 Stockton Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
What is YOUR best insurance company?
When buying insurance coverage, it’s a bad idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many situations where someone dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, denial of a claim, being labeled a high risk driver and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Regardless of your reason, switching companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
You just read many ideas to lower your Volvo XC60 insurance rates in Stockton. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Stockton car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
How to find more affordable Volvo XC60 insurance in Stockton
If you want to save money, the best way to get more affordable Volvo XC60 insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from providers who sell insurance in Stockton. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as inattentive driving and a poor credit score can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, tell your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for your new policy. As soon as coverage is bound, place your new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you enter identical coverage information on each quote request and and to analyze as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Additional detailed information is available by following these links:
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Jeep Grand Cherokee in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for College Students in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Stockton Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents in Stockton? (FAQ)
- How Much are Stockton Car Insurance Rates for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)