If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find cheaper Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Stockton is to compare quotes once a year from insurers who provide car insurance in California.
- Take a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a low credit score can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare prices from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit a completed policy application and payment for the new coverage. Don’t forget to store the certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
One piece of advice is to try to use the same level of coverage on each quote and and to compare all possible companies. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, most insurance policyholders kept their coverage with the same insurance company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. California insurance shoppers could save almost $500 a year, but they don’t understand how simple it is to find cheap insurance by shopping around.
If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to reduce premiums using the ideas you’re about to read. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Stockton is actually quite simple. Although California vehicle owners should learn how big insurance companies sell insurance online and apply this information to your search.
How to compare Chevy TrailBlazer insurance rate quotes in Stockton
Just keep in mind that comparing more quotes gives you a better chance of getting more affordable rates. Some smaller insurers do not give online price quotes, so you also need to get price quotes from those companies as well.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in California. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheaper rates on Chevy TrailBlazer insurance in Stockton with these seven auto insurance discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list their entire list of discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Stockton car insurance online.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military can result in better rates.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used TrailBlazer can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Switch and Save Discount – Some insurance companies provide a discount for signing up early. This can save 10% or more.
- Driver Education Discount – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% with a few auto insurance companies.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you could get a free auto insurance policy, that’s just not realistic. But all discounts will reduce the amount you have to pay.
For a list of insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Stockton, click here.
Local Stockton insurance agencies and auto insurance
Many people would prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still have a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to you. You can find lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, feel free to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Deciding on an insurer needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Which family members are covered?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
If you prefer to buy auto insurance from an insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents receive extensive training on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Drivers often use the same agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Stockton that can give you rate quotes.
- Jim Molina – State Farm Insurance Agent
7273 Murray Dr #7 – Stockton, CA 95210 – (209) 473-0516 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Tim Delaney
3244 Brookside Rd #170 – Stockton, CA 95219 – (209) 943-8344 – View Map
- Ramon Fernandez – State Farm Insurance Agent
3443 Deer Park Dr D – Stockton, CA 95219 – (209) 461-0170 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to do anything. When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most independent agents also contract with companies that do not advertise much that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below are independent agents in Stockton who can help you get price quotes.
- Raj Insurance Services
1743 Grand Canal Blvd #12 – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 472-2060 – View Map
- Acceptance Auto Insurance
2701 E Hammer Ln #108 – Stockton, CA 95210 – (209) 472-2200 – View Map
- Truex Insurance Agency
4609 Quail Lakes Dr #1 – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 477-1111 – View Map
After talking to the agent and getting positive feedback to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have just found a car insurance agent that can provide auto insurance coverage. Just understand that policyholders can terminate your policy any time you want so never assume you are locked into a specific company for the full policy term.
What insurance coverages do I need?
When choosing your policy for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique and your car insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions might point out whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Even though Stockton TrailBlazer insurance rates can get expensive, maintaining insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a loan, almost all lenders will force you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. Unknowingly, the average driver overpays as much as $830 a year so shop around at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
The coverage is in the details
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are typical coverage types found on most auto insurance policies.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Chevy TrailBlazer.
Due to the fact that many California drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (California limits are 15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses such as hospital visits, ambulance fees, EMT expenses and rehabilitation expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance can cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property by causing an accident. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 15/30/5 which stand for $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things like emergency aid, loss of income and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford. California state minimum liability requirements are 15/30/5 but drivers should carry higher limits.
The illustration below shows why buying low liability limits may not be enough coverage.
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things like colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible on your TrailBlazer to get cheaper collision coverage.
Cheap auto insurance rates are possible
We just covered some good ideas how to lower your Chevy TrailBlazer insurance prices in Stockton. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive Stockton car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices are with the smaller companies. Some small companies often have lower rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
Cost effective Chevy TrailBlazer insurance is possible online and from local insurance agents, so get free Stockton car insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
Additional detailed information is located by following these links:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents in Stockton? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)