Remarkably, a study showed that the vast majority of California car insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could save themselves roughly $859 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most just don’t grasp the big savings they would realize if they changed companies.
The best way we recommend to find more affordable Lexus RX 350 insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from insurers who provide car insurance in Stockton. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to keep rates down. Many factors that increase rates such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and an unacceptable credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for instructions to get lower rates and find more discounts that you may not know about.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper RX 350 coverage is available in Stockton. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Stockton can initially seem challenging. If you have auto insurance now, you will definitely be able to lower your rates using the ideas presented in this article. Drivers just need to understand the proper way to compare different rates from many different companies online.
The fastest way that we advise to compare car insurance company rates for Lexus RX 350 insurance in Stockton utilizes the fact most larger insurance companies provide online access to give free rates quotes. All you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as how much you drive, whether you are married, if you are currently licensed, and whether your vehicle is owned or leased. Your rating data is sent automatically to multiple car insurance providers and they provide comparison quotes within a short period of time.
To start a rate quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Stockton.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Stockton, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Cheap Stockton auto insurance quotes with discounts
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will be applied at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Own a Home – Just owning your own home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education if offered at their school.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with one company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% because newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Stockton car insurance quote in comparison with drivers with a long claim history.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for substantially lower premium rates.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags may get savings as much as 30%.
As a footnote on discounts, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. Any qualifying discounts should help lower your policy cost.
The chart below shows the comparison of Lexus RX 350 car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The price estimates are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-car, homeowner, and claim-free discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, good student, good driver, student away at school, multiple policy, accident-free, and multiple autos.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, and online quote discount.
- MetLife may offer discounts for claim-free, good student, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, and multi-policy.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including youthful driver, multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, safe driver, renewal discount, driver training, and multi-policy.
- GEICO has discounts for driver training, good student, federal employee, military active duty, membership and employees, anti-theft, and seat belt use.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safe driver, multi-car, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, safe driver, and homeowner.
Check with every company which discounts you qualify for. Savings may not apply to policyholders in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers with discount rates in California, follow this link.
Rates and other information
The information shown below covers detailed analysis of insurance rates for Lexus RX 350 models. Being able to understand how insurance policy rates are calculated can be valuable when making decisions on which coverage to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RX 350 2WD||$318||$580||$514||$30||$154||$1,596||$133|
|RX 350 4WD||$318||$580||$514||$30||$154||$1,596||$133|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in your specific Stockton location which can impact price quotes noticeably.
Car insurance rates by gender and age
The information below compares Lexus RX 350 car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The premiums assume no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Car insurance company ratings
Ending up with the top car insurance provider is hard considering how many companies there are to choose from in Stockton. The ranking data below can help you select which car insurance companies you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Stockton Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Top 10 Stockton Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
What Determines Lexus RX 350 Insurance Rates?
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning the factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in big savings. Many different elements are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, although others are not quite as obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
The itemized list below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine rates.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Policies have extra bells and whistles that you can buy on your RX 350 policy. Things like coverage for rental cars, accidental death, and additional equipment coverage are some examples. They may seem like a good idea at first, but if you have no use for them think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Urban residents pay more – Choosing to live in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate. Urban drivers have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and longer commutes to work. More time commuting means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
The type of vehicle makes a difference – The performance level of the car or truck you need to insure makes a substantial difference in your auto insurance rates. The most favorable rates are usually for lower cost passenger cars, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The next chart is based on a single male driver age 20, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Lexus RX 350 insurance rates compared to other models that have a range of performances.
- Deter car thieves – Owning a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop your car from being stolen.
Mature drivers save more – Inexperience drivers have a tendency to be more careless when driving with friends so they pay higher car insurance rates. Adding a youthful driver to your car insurance policy can increase premiums substantially. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
The following chart assumes a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Single drivers take more risk – Your spouse may save some money when buying car insurance. It usually means you are more mature and responsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Driving citations can increase prices – Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Even one speeding ticket or other violation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers who have received dangerous tickets like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The illustration below illustrates how violations and at-fault claims can influence Lexus RX 350 insurance costs for each age group. The premiums assume a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
- When should you not file policy claims? – Companies in California provide the lowest premiums to insureds who are not frequent claim filers. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Loss probability for a Lexus RX 350 – Insurers include the past claim trends for vehicles in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that tend to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher cost to insure. The table below shows the historical insurance loss data for Lexus RX 350 vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or tendency to have higher losses.
Lexus RX 350 Insurance Loss Statistics Specific Lexus Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lexus RX 350 4dr 2WD 111 96 91 72 97 88 Lexus RX 350 4dr 4WD 122 99 112 83 75 78BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years