Paying cheaper rates for Volkswagen Routan insurance in Stockton can be challenging for drivers who are new to online insurance quotes. Since there are so many companies competing online, it can turn into a real hassle to find the lowest price on Volkswagen Routan insurance.
It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Drivers who compare rates annually are likely to switch insurance companies because there is a good probability of finding a lower-priced company. A recent survey revealed that consumers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved an average of $3,400 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding low prices for auto insurance is your ultimate goal, then having a good understanding how to quote and compare insurance premiums can save time and money.
It’s a great practice to get comparison quotes once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Volkswagen Routan insurance in Stockton a few years ago there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I’m going to teach you the right way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Finding the cheapest coverage in Stockton is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you are already insured, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using these methods. But California consumers must comprehend how the larger insurance companies determine how much to charge because rates are impacted by many factors.
Most of the larger companies allow consumers to get pricing online. Comparing Volkswagen Routan insurance rates online is very simple as you just type in your personal and coverage information into a form. After you complete the form, their rating system sends out for your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote based on these factors.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible in order to find lower-cost rates.
If you want to find out what other companies charge, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you copy the limits and deductibles identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will receive a fair comparison for exact coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Cheaper Stockton insurance rates with discounts
Insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but a few need to be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Good Student – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Distant Student – Kids who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will save you 10% or more on Routan insurance in Stockton.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle is cheaper because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut the cost of coverage.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Routan premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of companies and a partial list of their discounts are included below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include driver’s education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good driver, good student, and Drive Safe & Save.
- American Family offers discounts including good driver, air bags, defensive driver, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, and accident-free.
- AAA offers premium reductions for multi-car, multi-policy, good driver, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, good student, and anti-theft.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, membership and employees, daytime running lights, federal employee, anti-theft, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance includes discounts for ease of repair, accident-free, location of vehicle, type of vehicle, and professional/association.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for early shopping, switch companies, pay in full, teen driver, bundle discounts, multi-car, and homeowner.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, online signing, homeowner, good student, and multi-policy.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Savings might not be available to policyholders in Stockton. To see a list of companies who offer discounts in Stockton, click this link.
Analysis of Volkswagen Routan rates
The information displayed next covers estimates of insurance premium costs for Volkswagen Routan models. Learning how policy rates are determined is important for you to make informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Routan S 2WD||$332||$464||$384||$22||$114||$1,316||$110|
|Routan SE 2WD||$374||$564||$384||$22||$114||$1,458||$122|
|Routan SEL 2WD||$374||$664||$384||$22||$114||$1,558||$130|
|Routan SEL Premium 6 Cyl 2WD||$416||$664||$384||$22||$114||$1,600||$133|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific Stockton garaging location which can alter premiums significantly.
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can influence Volkswagen Routan premium costs for different ages of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Driving violations and accidents
The information below illustrates how speeding tickets and accident claims can increase Volkswagen Routan car insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The chart below compares Volkswagen Routan premium costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no set rule to exclude physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volkswagen Routan claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $200 annually to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Premiums
Lots of factors are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
The following are some of the most common factors car insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
Performance makes a difference – The performance of the car you own makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest insurance rates are usually found on low performance passenger vehicles, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The data below uses these assumptions: single male driver age 40, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Volkswagen Routan insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different performance risks.
- How much liability insurance – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when you are ruled to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Occupation and insurance rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers such as doctors, air traffic controllers, and emergency personnel generally have higher rates than the rest of us due to intense work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, professions such as scientists, athletes and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
Gender as a rate factor – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. However, this does not mean females are better at driving than males. Females and males have fender benders at a similar rate, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Men also tend to receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Males from age 16 to 21 cause the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
The chart below shows the difference between Volkswagen Routan yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no other discounts are factored in.
- High credit scores save money – Credit score will be a significant factor in determining your rates. If your credit score is low, you could save money insuring your Volkswagen Routan by repairing your credit. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with lower ratings.
- High physical damage deductibles equal low rates – Coverage for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your Volkswagen. Some coverage claims would be a broken side mirror, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your car insurance pays a claim. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
- Insure car and home with the same company – Most car insurance companies give better rates to buyers who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you already get this discount, you may still want to shop around to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Get better rates if married – Having a significant other helps lower the price on your car insurance bill. Having a spouse generally demonstrates drivers are more financially stable and statistics show drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Stockton car insurance agent
Certain consumers still like to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get lower rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this short form, your insurance data is sent to insurance agents in Stockton who will give you quotes for your car insurance coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you instantly. It’s the lowest rates AND a local agent. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking the best company needs to be determined by more than just the price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
When narrowing the list to find a local Stockton insurance agent, you should know the different agency structures and how they function. Car insurance agencies may be either exclusive or independent.
Exclusive agencies can only provide one company’s prices and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They usually cannot provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name rather than low price.
The following are Stockton exclusive agencies who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Myles B. Harris Jr.
8807 Thornton Rd, # D1 – Stockton, CA 95209 – (209) 472-8585 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Tim Delaney
3244 Brookside Rd #170 – Stockton, CA 95219 – (209) 943-8344 – View Map
- Darius Turner – State Farm Insurance Agent
1036 W Robinhood Dr Ste 103 – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 475-9336 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not locked into one company so they can quote policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you include independent agents to maximize your price options. Most can insure with companies that do not advertise much which may have better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agencies in Stockton that are able to give price quote information.
- Quality General Insurance Services
3008 E Hammer Ln # 109 – Stockton, CA 95212 – (209) 952-5139 – View Map
- Banuelos Insurance Agency
2300 Waterloo Rd – Stockton, CA 95205 – (209) 513-3248 – View Map
- Stockton Insurance Services
1407 E Miner Ave – Stockton, CA 95205 – (209) 941-4444 – View Map
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When it comes to coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Does my Volkswagen Routan qualify for pleasure use?
- Is my Volkswagen Routan covered for smoke damage?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Volkswagen Routan?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- What if I total my Volkswagen Routan and owe more than it’s worth?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Best auto insurance in California
Choosing a high-quality company is difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Stockton. The company rank data shown next can help you choose which insurers you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Stockton Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Stockton Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Quote more and you will save more
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can find affordable Volkswagen Routan insurance in Stockton. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get premium rates for, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice liability coverage limits to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
How to save on Volkswagen Routan insurance in Stockton
To save the most money, the best way to find affordable Volkswagen Routan insurance is to start comparing rates regularly from insurers that sell auto insurance in Stockton.
Step 1: Read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit history can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Routan coverage is available in Stockton. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
Step 4: Notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your existing policy and submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to the newly selected company. When you receive it, safely store the proof of insurance certificate in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is that you use similar limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and the best rate selection.
More information can be read at the links below
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Stockton Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- How Much are Stockton Car Insurance Quotes for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Veterans in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers with Good Credit in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Stockton Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Immigrants in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Stockton? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)