Searching for more affordable insurance rates in Stockton, CA? Stockton buyers have a choice when searching for affordable Dodge Stratus insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents getting price quotes or use the internet to compare rates. There are more efficient ways to buy insurance so we’re going to tell you the best way to price shop coverage on a Dodge and find the lowest price from both online companies and Stockton agents.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Stockton is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you have a current car insurance policy, you will surely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using the tips covered below. You only have to learn the proper way to compare company rates using one simple form.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Three reasons insurance is important
Despite the high insurance cost for a Dodge Stratus in Stockton, buying insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you have full coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Dodge at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your Dodge Stratus. Insurance will also pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying enough insurance outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is wasting up to $830 a year so it’s recommended you shop around once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Good Decisions Result in Lower Insurance Costs
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are. A large part of saving on auto insurance is knowing a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make good choices that may reward you with cheaper rates.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by insurance companies to determine your rates.
- Only buy extra policy coverages you need – There are a lot of extra add-on coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Things like replacement cost coverage, towing, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. The coverages may be enticing when discussing your needs, but your needs may have changed so eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- More performance means higher costs – The performance level of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in the rate you pay. The lowest premiums are usually for low performance passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Marriage discount – Walking down the aisle actually saves money when buying auto insurance. Having a significant other usually means you are more financially stable and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Liability protection limits should be high – The liability coverage on your policy is the protection in the event that a court rules you are at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
- How many coverages with the same company – The majority of insurance companies give better rates to insureds that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to as much as ten percent or more Even if you already get this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare other Stockton Stratus insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates. Drivers may still save even more than the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
Smart shoppers get results
We just showed you some good ideas how you can lower your Dodge Stratus insurance rates in Stockton. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Dodge Stratus rate quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
When searching for low cost Stockton car insurance quotes, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced physical damage coverage only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Cheaper insurance in Stockton can be purchased online in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Steps to finding cheaper rates for Dodge Stratus insurance in Stockton
The most effective way to get discount Dodge Stratus insurance is to regularly compare price quotes from insurance carriers in Stockton. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how your policy works and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, careless driving, and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you can save some money and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current coverage and submit a signed application and payment to the new company. Be sure to put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A good piece of advice is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare every insurance company. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best price selection.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Stockton Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)