Finding low-cost insurance for a Chevy Avalanche in California can normally be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our auto insurance buying tips to make it easier.
There are both good and bad ways to find auto insurance online and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to compare rates for your Chevy and get the cheapest rates either online or from Stockton insurance agents.
A recent survey discovered that the majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. American drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they assume it’s a waste of time to compare rates and save money.
It’s a good idea to get comparison quotes yearly because insurance prices trend upward over time. Just because you had the lowest rates on Chevy Avalanche insurance in Stockton a couple years back other companies may now be cheaper. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you how to use online quotes to lower your annual insurance bill.
Finding more affordable Stockton car insurance quotes isn’t really that difficult. Drivers just need to take the time comparing rates to find the company with low cost Stockton auto insurance quotes.
The following companies can provide free quotes in Stockton, CA. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Rates and information analytics
The information displayed next showcases detailed analysis of insurance prices for Chevy Avalanche models. Being aware of how premiums are established is important for making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Avalanche LS 2WD||$378||$662||$668||$40||$200||$1,948||$162|
|Avalanche LT 2WD||$378||$780||$668||$40||$200||$2,066||$172|
|Avalanche LS 4WD||$378||$780||$668||$40||$200||$2,066||$172|
|Avalanche LT 4WD||$378||$780||$668||$40||$200||$2,066||$172|
|Avalanche LTZ 2WD||$420||$780||$668||$40||$200||$2,108||$176|
|Avalanche LTZ 4WD||$420||$780||$668||$40||$200||$2,108||$176|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in specific Stockton garaging location which can alter coverage rates noticeably.
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can influence Chevy Avalanche insurance costs for different age groups. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Chevy in Stockton, buying auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a loan, most lenders will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and make you pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects your Chevy Avalanche and your assets. It also can pay for medical bills incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in California is overpaying more than $830 a year so compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Stockton auto insurance discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not know about. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Paper-free Discount – Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Club Memberships – Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your policy.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted price on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Mature Driver Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- College Student Discount – Older children living away from Stockton attending college and do not have a car may be able to be covered for less.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any amount of discount will positively reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
The example below shows the difference between Chevy Avalanche insurance rates with and without discounts being applied to the rates. Data assumes a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
If you would like to see a list of providers that offer multiple discounts in California, click here.
Insurance is available from agents near you
Some people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain lower premium rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting small agencies is important particularly in Stockton.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Stockton auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact any agents because prices are sent directly to you. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
When looking for a local insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Agents are categorized either exclusive or independent. Both can write policy coverage, but it is important to understand how they are different because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by one company so they can write business with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply switch companies in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing insurance rates, you should always get several quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to get the best comparison. Most also write with less well-known companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Stockton that may be able to provide rate quotes.
- Rangel Insurance
6025 Pacific Ave – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 474-7777 – View Map
- Sanguinetti and Co Insurance Brokers
7337 Pacific Ave – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 322-4048 – View Map
- Brown and Brown Ins. Svcs. of CA Inc. DBA Debock and Muth Insurance Agency
1330 W Fremont St – Stockton, CA 95203 – (209) 465-5671 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents work for only one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. They receive extensive training on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
The following are exclusive agencies in Stockton that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Wandy Siam – State Farm Insurance Agent
4410 N Pershing Ave, Ste C7 – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 477-5511 – View Map
- Kim Martinez – State Farm Insurance Agent
4255 Pacific Ave #5 – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 478-4010 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Evelyn Morales
1348 N Center St – Stockton, CA 95202 – (209) 465-7446 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in California?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
Best auto insurance in Stockton
Picking the best car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many choices drivers have in California. The ranking information shown next may help you decide which companies you want to consider shopping prices with.
Top 10 Stockton Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Top 10 Stockton Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
The coverage is in the details
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy can help you determine which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as hitting a deer, vandalism, falling objects and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision – Collision coverage covers damage to your Avalanche caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as damaging your car on a curb, hitting a mailbox, hitting a parking meter and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Avalanche to save money on collision insurance.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include hospital bills for your injuries and damage to your Chevy Avalanche.
Since many California drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (15/30/5 in California), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses for things like funeral costs, pain medications, hospital visits, surgery and X-ray expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability auto insurance – Liability insurance can cover damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 15/30/5 which means a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things like pain and suffering, funeral expenses, bail bonds, court costs and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The next chart demonstrates why low liability limits may not be enough coverage.
Persistent drivers can save
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but do not skimp to save money.
Some insurance companies may not have online price quotes and these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent agencies. Lower-priced car insurance in Stockton can be sourced from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
We’ve covered many tips how you can get a better price on Chevy Avalanche insurance in Stockton. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Stockton auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a small mutual company.
How to find low-cost rates for Chevy Avalanche insurance in Stockton
If you want to save the most money, the best way to find affordable Chevy Avalanche insurance is to compare quotes once a year from providers in Stockton. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and an unacceptable credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can give you price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Avalanche insurance. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One important bit of advice is to make sure you enter the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rates from as many different companies as possible. Doing this enables a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Other learning opportunities
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Stockton Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Ford F-150 in Stockton? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)