The best way to get cheaper Subaru WRX insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in Stockton.
- First, it will benefit you to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the steps you can take to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like traffic citations and poor credit history can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Second, compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper WRX coverage is available in Stockton. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new coverage. As soon as you receive it, keep the new certificate of insurance with your registration paperwork.
One thing to point out is to try to use the same level of coverage on each quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a level playing field and maximum price selection.
It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who shop for lower rates are very likely to buy a new policy because they stand a good chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. A recent study showed that drivers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved on average $865 a year compared to drivers who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the lowest rates on Subaru WRX insurance is the reason for your visit, learning how to shop and compare insurance coverage can make the process more efficient.
Get cheaper Subaru WRX insurance rates in Stockton
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but there’s a good chance there are discounts to help bring down the price. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before you get the savings.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen with less frequency and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can help you save on auto insurance because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Resident Student – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Stockton drivers who stay claim-free pay much less when compared with frequent claim filers.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow their company to analyze vehicle usage remotely like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates as long as they are good drivers.
Policy discounts save money, but many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
Larger auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be read below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including seat belt use, federal employee, multi-policy, membership and employees, air bags, defensive driver, and daytime running lights.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for safe driver, multiple vehicles, teen driver, company car, and mature driver.
- American Family may have discounts that include air bags, Steer into Savings, good driver, multi-vehicle, good student, defensive driver, and early bird.
- Esurance discounts include Switch & Save, emergency road assistance, online quote, defensive driver, DriveSense, paid-in-full, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, and multi-policy.
- State Farm offers discounts for safe vehicle, accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, student away at school, and defensive driving training.
- AAA offers premium reductions for pay-in-full, anti-theft, good driver, multi-car, AAA membership discount, and good student.
When quoting, ask each insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts might not be offered in your area. To see insurance companies with the best discounts in Stockton, follow this link.
Finding cheaper Subaru WRX auto insurance prices is surprisingly easy. Just invest a little time to get quotes from some recommended companies.
It’s so easy to compare quotes online that it takes the place of having to go to all the different Stockton insurance agencies. The internet has made agencies unnecessary unless your situation requires the extra assistance of a local agency. It is possible to get prices online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The companies in the list below can provide free rate quotes in California. If several companies are displayed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
Lots of things are used when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are more obscure like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is.
- Know your vehicle’s safety rating – Safe vehicles get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and better occupant protection means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums.
- Never let your insurance policy lapse – Not maintaining insurance can get you a ticket and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Gender as a rate factor – Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. However, don’t assume that males are worse at driving than females. Both sexes tend to get into accidents at about the same rate, but men have accidents that have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Too many policy claims drive up rates – Companies in California give the best rates to insureds who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Liability insurance safeguards assets – Your policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage if ever you are found to be at fault for an accident. It provides legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Most larger insurance companies afford lower prices to policyholders that purchase more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to compare Subaru WRX rates in Stockton to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may find a better deal even if you insure with multiple companies
- Teenagers vs. experienced drivers – Teen drivers in California are proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. If you’ve ever had to add a young driver to your policy can cause a big jump in price. Older, more experienced drivers are more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
- Avoid tickets and save – Getting just one speeding ticket or other violation could increase your next policy renewal twenty percent or more. Drivers who don’t get tickets pay lower auto insurance prices than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with careless violations such as reckless driving or DUI may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 form with their state’s licensing department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Subaru WRX historical loss data – Car insurance companies factor in historical loss data as a way to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that historically have increased losses will have higher premium rates. The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Subaru WRX vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Percentage values below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or statistically larger claims.
Subaru WRX Insurance Claim Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Subaru WRX 4WD 141 82 158 94 81 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance is available from agents near you
Some people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and often times that is recommended Licensed agents can answer important questions and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance rates and also buy local.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is immediately sent to insurance agents in Stockton that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to do any legwork since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you have a need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good provider is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- Do they have a Better Business Bureau rating in Stockton?
- Who are their largest clients?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
After getting good responses to your questions and cheap WRX insurance quotes, it’s a good possibility that you have found an insurance company that is reputable and can properly service your insurance policy.
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Stockton, buying insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Subaru WRX with a loan, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may insure your Subaru at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for medical bills that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $700 annually so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Stockton car insurance company ratings
Ending up with a good quality car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many choices drivers have in California. The rank data in the next section could help you pick which providers to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Stockton Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Stockton Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
A little work can save a LOT of money
When searching for affordable Stockton car insurance quotes, it’s not a good idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Cheap Subaru WRX insurance in Stockton can be sourced online and with local Stockton insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who do not offer online quoting and many times these smaller providers sell through independent agencies.
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Stockton Auto Insurance for a Toyota Highlander? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)