Finding cheaper insurance for a new or used Volkswagen Atlas in California could be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to make it easier.
There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to quote coverages for a Volkswagen and locate the cheapest rates from both online companies and Stockton agents.
It’s well known that insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Drivers who shop around once a year are highly likely to buy a different policy because they have a good chance of finding more affordable rates. A recent survey found that people who compared rates once a year saved an average of $72 a month compared to people who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the most affordable Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Stockton is the reason you’re here, then having some knowledge of how to compare auto insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance can be pricey, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but a few must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Stockton auto insurance quote compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low annual miles can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings when shopping for car insurance.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The best car insurance companies and some of the discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for anti-theft, multiple policy, defensive driving training, Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver’s education, accident-free, and Drive Safe & Save.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, five-year accident-free, anti-lock brakes, seat belt use, daytime running lights, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may include discounts for homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- 21st Century offers discounts including 55 and older, anti-lock brakes, student driver, defensive driver, early bird, and homeowners.
- American Family has savings for TimeAway discount, good student, good driver, multi-vehicle, early bird, Steer into Savings, and mySafetyValet.
- The Hartford may have discounts that include vehicle fuel type, bundle, good student, anti-theft, and defensive driver.
- AAA offers discounts for AAA membership discount, good student, multi-policy, education and occupation, multi-car, good driver, and pay-in-full.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. To locate car insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Stockton, click here.
The auto insurance companies shown below are ready to provide price quotes in Stockton, CA. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
When should I contact an agent?
Some people just want to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local agents is definitely important in Stockton.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to insurance agents in Stockton who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you would need to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Auto insurance agents may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can do a good job, but it’s good to learn how they are different because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply move the coverage in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparing auto insurance rates, we recommend you compare quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. A lot of them also have access to smaller companies which may provide better rates.
Below are Stockton independent insurance agencies that can give you price quote information.
- Berbower Insurance Agency
1330 W Robinhood Dr Suite A1 – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 405-1088 – View Map
- Rangel Insurance
6025 Pacific Ave – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 474-7777 – View Map
- Big Savings Insurance Agency, Inc
7153 Pacific Ave – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 956-2000 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Stockton that can give you rate quotes.
- Ramon Fernandez – State Farm Insurance Agent
3443 Deer Park Dr D – Stockton, CA 95219 – (209) 461-0170 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Jason Ramey
5250 Claremont Ave #138 – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 472-6080 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Edward Barney
1350 W Robinhood Dr #3 – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 477-6215 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent should depend on more than just the premium amount. Before buying a policy in Stockton, get answers to these questions.
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
Once you have received positive feedback to any questions you have as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have found a car insurance agent that can be trusted to provide auto insurance coverage. But remember, consumers can terminate coverage at any time so never feel that you are obligated to your new company with no way out.
Ratings for California car insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with the right insurer can be difficult considering how many different companies sell coverage in California. The rank data shown below may help you analyze which coverage providers you want to consider when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Stockton Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Top 10 Stockton Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
One last thing about your coverage
While you’re price shopping online, you should never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured dropped collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just presented a lot of ways to compare Volkswagen Atlas insurance auto insurance rates in Stockton. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Stockton auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest auto insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, delays in paying claims, extreme rates for teen drivers or delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is less work than it seems.
Steps to finding low-cost rates for Volkswagen Atlas insurance in Stockton
To save the most money, the best way to get cheaper auto insurance rates is to compare quotes once a year from insurers in Stockton. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
First, spend some time learning about individual coverages and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit rating can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes from many different companies. Click to view companies
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, give notification to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the newly selected company. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new certificate of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The key aspect of shopping around is to try to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get prices from every insurance company. This ensures a fair price comparison and a good representation of prices.
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Optima in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Stockton Auto Insurance Quotes for College Graduates? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Stockton Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a School Permit in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Hyundai Elantra in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Stockton Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)