It takes a little time, but the best way to get discount Ford Shelby GT350 insurance is to compare quotes annually from insurers who provide auto insurance in Stockton. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
First, take a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many factors that cause rate increases such as getting speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit score can be rectified by paying attention to minor details.
Second, get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if cheaper Shelby GT350 coverage is available in Stockton. If you find a better price and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverage information on every quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Consumers who compare rates annually are highly likely to buy a different policy because there is a good probability of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey found that consumers who did price comparisons regularly saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to people who never compared prices.
If finding the best rates on Ford Shelby GT350 insurance is the reason you’re here, then understanding how to choose a company and compare coverages can help make the process easier.
What Determines Ford Shelby GT350 Insurance Costs?
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of a few of the rating criteria that help determine the level of your policy premiums. If you understand what influences your rates, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower insurance prices. Many factors are taken into consideration when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
- Bad credit will cost you – Having a bad credit rating can be an important factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Ford Shelby GT350 by improving your rating. People that have excellent credit tend to be better risks to insure than those with bad credit.
- Gender and auto insurance prices – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women tend to get into at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the men have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Keep the miles off and save – The more you drive your Ford in a year the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies calculate prices based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that do not get driven very much qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. It’s a good idea to make sure your insurance declarations sheet is showing how each vehicle is driven. A policy that improperly rates your Shelby GT350 can result in significantly higher rates.
- Prevent theft and save – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your premiums. Systems that thwart thieves like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent auto theft.
- How’s your driving record? – Even a single chargeable violation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Good drivers pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have received careless citations like DUI or reckless driving may find that they have to to complete a SR-22 with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
Get cheaper Ford Shelby GT350 insurance rates in Stockton
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain larger companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on their website.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on auto insurance.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Driver’s Ed – Teen drivers should take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- College Student – Children who are enrolled in higher education away from home and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Save over 55 – Seniors may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are:
- Progressive may offer discounts for continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, good student, online signing, and online quote discount.
- AAA offers discounts for pay-in-full, multi-policy, anti-theft, multi-car, AAA membership discount, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for alternative fuel, switch companies, mature driver, good student, teen driver, and pay in full.
- GEICO has savings for membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, seat belt use, defensive driver, anti-theft, and air bags.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for safety device, renters, emergency road assistance, multi-car, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, accident prevention training, anti-theft, drive less, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm may have discounts that include accident-free, multiple policy, defensive driving training, good student, and anti-theft.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply everywhere. If you would like to see a list of auto insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in California, click here.
Quote often and quote early
When shopping online for car insurance, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
More affordable car insurance in Stockton can be bought on the web and from local agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not provide online price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers work with independent insurance agents.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent, policy cancellation or even extreme rates for teen drivers. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- How Much is Stockton Car Insurance for Drivers with a DUI? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for High Risk Drivers in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Institute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)