Pretty sure you bought overpriced Ford Expedition insurance in Stockton? Say no more because you’re not the only one.
Unbelievable but true, most car insurance policyholders have remained with the same car insurance company for well over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,400, Stockton drivers can cut their rates by approximately $469 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
How to find more affordable Ford Expedition insurance in Stockton
The recommended way to get affordable Ford Expedition insurance in Stockton is to compare quotes once a year from providers in California.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit history can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover the details to help find cheaper rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Notify your agent or company to cancel your current policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new coverage. Immediately put the new certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
A key point to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
There is such a variety of auto insurance companies to choose from, and even though it’s nice to be able to choose, more choices can make it harder to compare rates and find the lowest cost car insurance.
It’s smart to check car insurance prices at least once a year because prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the best rate on Ford Expedition insurance in Stockton a couple years back you can probably find a lower rate today. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in one of the quickest ways to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Cheaper Stockton insurance rates with discounts
Some companies don’t always publicize every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known as well as some of the hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Stockton auto insurance online.
- College Student – Older children who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- ABS Brakes – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and will save you 10% or more on Expedition insurance in Stockton.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Expedition insurance.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for switching to them before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Stockton auto insurance online.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking time to complete a course in safe driver could cut 5% off your bill and also improve your driving technique.
- Stockton Homeowners Discount – Owning a house in Stockton can get you a discount since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- No Claim Discounts – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts compared to bad drivers.
Don’t be shocked that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like you could get a free insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
The example below illustrates the difference between Ford Expedition insurance premiums with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The data is based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Car insurance companies that may have these benefits include:
When quoting, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. All car insurance discounts may not be available in Stockton. To see insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in California, click this link.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Stockton, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Analysis of coverages
The rate information displayed below highlights detailed analysis of prices for Ford Expedition models. Learning a little about how prices are formulated helps drivers make smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Expedition SSV 2WD||$310||$434||$386||$22||$116||$1,268||$106|
|Expedition XLT 2WD||$350||$530||$386||$22||$116||$1,404||$117|
|Expedition SSV 4WD||$350||$530||$386||$22||$116||$1,404||$117|
|Expedition XLT 4WD||$350||$530||$386||$22||$116||$1,404||$117|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD||$350||$624||$386||$22||$116||$1,498||$125|
|Expedition Limited 2WD||$350||$624||$386||$22||$116||$1,498||$125|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD||$350||$624||$386||$22||$116||$1,498||$125|
|Expedition King Ranch 4WD||$390||$624||$386||$22||$116||$1,538||$128|
|Expedition King Ranch 2WD||$390||$624||$386||$22||$116||$1,538||$128|
|Expedition Limited 4WD||$390||$624||$386||$22||$116||$1,538||$128|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can impact coverage rates noticeably.
Comparison of policy deductibles
One frequently asked question is how high should your deductibles be. The tables below lay out how much more you’ll pay of buying low and high comp and collision deductibles. The first rate quote example uses a $100 deductible and the second rate chart uses a $500 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Expedition SSV 2WD||$380||$564||$376||$22||$112||$1,479||$123|
|Expedition XLT 2WD||$430||$686||$376||$22||$112||$1,651||$138|
|Expedition SSV 4WD||$430||$686||$376||$22||$112||$1,651||$138|
|Expedition XLT 4WD||$430||$686||$376||$22||$112||$1,651||$138|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD||$430||$810||$376||$22||$112||$1,775||$148|
|Expedition Limited 2WD||$430||$810||$376||$22||$112||$1,775||$148|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD||$430||$810||$376||$22||$112||$1,775||$148|
|Expedition King Ranch 4WD||$478||$810||$376||$22||$112||$1,823||$152|
|Expedition King Ranch 2WD||$478||$810||$376||$22||$112||$1,823||$152|
|Expedition Limited 4WD||$478||$810||$376||$22||$112||$1,823||$152|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Expedition SSV 2WD||$278||$382||$376||$22||$112||$1,170||$98|
|Expedition XLT 2WD||$314||$464||$376||$22||$112||$1,288||$107|
|Expedition SSV 4WD||$314||$464||$376||$22||$112||$1,288||$107|
|Expedition XLT 4WD||$314||$464||$376||$22||$112||$1,288||$107|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD||$314||$546||$376||$22||$112||$1,370||$114|
|Expedition Limited 2WD||$314||$546||$376||$22||$112||$1,370||$114|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD||$314||$546||$376||$22||$112||$1,370||$114|
|Expedition King Ranch 4WD||$348||$546||$376||$22||$112||$1,404||$117|
|Expedition King Ranch 2WD||$348||$546||$376||$22||$112||$1,404||$117|
|Expedition Limited 4WD||$348||$546||$376||$22||$112||$1,404||$117|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can influence coverage prices noticeably.
Based on the data above, we can derive that using a $100 deductible costs approximately $33 more each month or $396 every year across all Ford Expedition models than quoting the higher $500 deductible. Because you would be required to pay $400 more to settle a claim with a $500 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you usually have more than 12 months between claim filings, you would probably save some money by going with a higher deductible. The illustration below shows how you can do this calculation yourself.
|Average monthly premium for $100 deductibles:||$144|
|Average monthly premium for $500 deductibles (subtract):||– $111|
|Monthly savings from raising deductible:||$33|
|Difference between deductibles ($500 – $100):||$400|
|Divide difference by monthly savings:||$400 / $33|
|Number of months required between physical damage coverage claims in order to save money by choosing the higher deductible||12 months|
One big caveat is that a higher deductible means you will have to pay more of your own money when you do file a claim. You need enough extra money in order to pay more for the deductible.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Ford Expedition premium costs for each different age group. The data is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders influence Ford Expedition insurance rates for different insured age categories. The rate quotes are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance rates by age and gender in Stockton
The illustration below compares Ford Expedition yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
Ford Expedition liability rates compared to full coverage
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Ford Expedition insurance premiums when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data assumes no violations or claims, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no clear-cut formula for eliminating full coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s say your Ford Expedition book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $800 annually for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Components of Your Ford Expedition Insurance Prices
Many things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Most are fairly basic like a motor vehicle report, but others are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
The list below includes some of the factors used by insurance companies to determine premiums.
What are good liability insurance limits? – Liability insurance will provide protection in the event that you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. This coverage provides legal defense which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is quite affordable as compared to coverage for physical damage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
Vehicles with better crash test results are cheaper to insure – Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy.
Your stress level may be raising your premiums – Occupations such as military generals, air traffic controllers, and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates in part from intense work situations and long work days. Conversely, occupations like farmers, athletes and the unemployed pay lower than average rates.
Don’t buy extra policy coverages you don’t use – Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages that may not really be needed when buying car insurance. Insurance for coverage for rental cars, towing coverage, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. The coverages may be enticing when discussing your needs, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
High policy claims frequency drives up prices – If you frequently file small claims, you should expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in California provide the lowest premiums to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
Ford Expedition historical loss data – Insurers use data from past claims when they calculate premium prices for each model. Vehicles that tend to have higher number or severity of losses will be charged more to insure. The table below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Ford Expedition vehicles.
For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Values that are 100 or less are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers that are greater than 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Expedition 4dr 2WD||67||88||82||55||45||70|
|Ford Expedition 4dr 4WD||70||98||90||54||62||56|
|Ford Expedition EL 4dr 2WD||74||104||97||52|
|Ford Expedition EL 4dr 4WD||88||96||110||63||60||96|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
How do I know if I need professional advice?
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy for your vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your situation is unique and your auto insurance should be unique as well. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- What is the difference between personal and commercial auto insurance policies?
- Does insurance cover damages from a DUI accident?
- How long can I keep a teen driver on my policy?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- What is GAP insurance?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Stockton?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
What if I want to buy from local Stockton auto insurance agents?
Certain consumers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Good agents are trained risk managers and help file insurance claims. A good thing about getting online price quotes is that you can find cheap insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent. Buying from and supporting local agencies is definitely important in Stockton.
Once you complete this short form, your information gets sent to local insurance agents in Stockton that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you directly. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Types of car insurance agents in Stockton
If you want to use local Stockton agents, you need to know there are two different types of agents from which to choose. Insurance agencies in Stockton may be either exclusive or independent. Both can write insurance policies, but it’s important to know how they are different since it can affect the selection process.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents do not write with just one company so they can write business with lots of companies and find the cheapest rate. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Stockton that can possibly get you free rate quotes.
Banuelos Insurance Agency
2300 Waterloo Rd – Stockton, CA 95205 – (209) 513-3248 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive are contracted to one company such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Stockton who can help you get rate quotes.
Choosing a car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Which members of your family are coverage by the policy?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
Protect more than your Expedition
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Ford Expedition in Stockton, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford for a lot more money and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance protects both your Ford and your personal assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in California is overpaying over $750 every year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are inline.
A conclusion for your insurance search
Lower-priced insurance in Stockton can be bought from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Stockton auto insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not have online rate quotes and usually these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent agents.
When searching for inexpensive Stockton auto insurance quotes, it’s a bad idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
How to find cheaper quotes for Ford Expedition insurance in Stockton
The most effective way to get budget auto insurance rates in Stockton is to do an annual price comparison from providers who can sell car insurance in California.
- First, try to comprehend how insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that increase rates like traffic tickets, fender benders, and poor credit rating can be rectified by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Expedition coverage is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to the new company. As soon as you can, place your new certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
An important note is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. Doing this ensures an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Homeowners in Stockton? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for a Dodge Ram in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Stockton Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Stockton Car Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)