Unbelievably, nearly 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and nearly half have never quoted rates to find lower-cost coverage. California consumers could save up to 35% a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t want to take the time to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
Really, the only way to get cheaper Porsche 911 insurance in Stockton is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers that sell auto insurance in California. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
First, try to learn about auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like multiple speeding tickets and an unfavorable credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage. Submit payment and a completed application for the new coverage. Be sure to put the proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A crucial key to this process is that you use identical deductibles and limits on every quote and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Auto insurance providers offering affordable rate quotes in California
The providers in the list below provide comparison quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Data for Porsche 911 insurance
The price information displayed below highlights a range of insurance costs for Porsche 911 models. Learning a little about how insurance policy rates are formulated can be of help when making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|911 Carrera 2 2-Dr Coupe||$310||$670||$450||$26||$134||$1,590||$133|
|911 Carrera 4 2-Dr Coupe||$336||$670||$450||$26||$134||$1,616||$135|
|911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$336||$670||$384||$22||$114||$1,526||$127|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Coupe||$336||$670||$450||$26||$134||$1,616||$135|
|911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$336||$670||$384||$22||$114||$1,526||$127|
|911 Carrera 4S 2-Dr Coupe||$336||$734||$450||$26||$134||$1,680||$140|
|911 Carrera Targa 2-Dr Coupe||$336||$734||$450||$26||$134||$1,680||$140|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Convertible||$336||$734||$384||$22||$114||$1,590||$133|
|911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$362||$670||$384||$22||$114||$1,552||$129|
|911 Carrera Targa S 2-Dr Coupe||$362||$734||$450||$26||$134||$1,706||$142|
|911 GT3 2-Dr Coupe||$362||$798||$450||$26||$134||$1,770||$148|
|911 GT3 RS 2-Dr Coupe||$416||$860||$450||$26||$134||$1,886||$157|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$416||$860||$450||$26||$134||$1,886||$157|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$416||$924||$384||$22||$114||$1,860||$155|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in vehicle garaging location which can increase or decrease insurance rates considerably.
Porsche 911 full coverage rates compared to liability only
The illustration below shows the difference between Porsche 911 auto insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. Data assumes no violations or accidents, $250 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There isn’t a written rule for eliminating physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Porsche 911 book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $500 a year to have full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Car insurance policy discounts for Porsche 911 insurance in Stockton
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but a few must be asked for before they will apply.
- Early Switch Discount – Select companies give a discount for signing up early. It could save around 10% when you buy Stockton auto insurance online.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Stockton drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to monitor driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive might see lower rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Drivers who insure multiple cars on the same car insurance policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
A quick disclaimer, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky. But any discount will definitely reduce your overall premium however.
The chart below compares Porsche 911 insurance premiums with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The prices are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that have many of the previously listed discounts include:
When getting free Stockton auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every insurance company which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in Stockton. To choose insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Stockton, click here.
How Insurance Companies Determine Porsche 911 Insurance Prices
Many different elements are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is. The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the different types of things that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are some of the major factors used by insurance companies to determine rates.
- Raise deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage to your car, aka comp and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be a dented fender, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. Comp and collision deductibles define how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more of the claim you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Do women or men drive better? – Over the last 30 years, statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. Now that doesn’t mean females are better at driving than males. Men and women have accidents at a similar rate, but men tend to have higher claims. Not only that, but men also get cited for more serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
The diagram below compares Porsche 911 car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Protect yourself with liability protection – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage kicks in in the event that you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability insurance is pretty cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- How many miles do you drive? – Driving more miles each year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that have low annual miles qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Incorrect rating for your 911 may be wasting your money. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating states annual mileage, because it can save money.
- Do thieves like your car? – Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices like OnStar, LoJack tracking, and tamper alarms can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
- Insurance rates in urban areas – Choosing to live in a rural area can save you money when buying auto insurance. Fewer drivers means less chance of accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. City drivers have more auto accidents and higher rates of accident claims. More time on the road means more chance of being in an accident.
Good drivers pay less – How you drive has a big impact on rates. Even a single driving citation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Good drivers get better rates than bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten flagrant violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to prove financial responsibility with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and fender-benders impact Porsche 911 insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. Data assumes a single male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Porsche 911 insurance loss statistics – Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will be charged more to insure.
The table below outlines the actual insurance loss data for Porsche 911 vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Values under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have larger claims.
Porsche 911 Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr 191 47 173 24 Porsche 911 Carrera Convertible 197 51 224 36 Porsche 911 Turbo 2dr 4WD 349 367BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Everyone needs different car insurance coverages
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Is a driver training discount available?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Independent or exclusive auto insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this quick form, the coverage information is sent to insurance agents in Stockton who will give you quotes for your business. There is no need to search for an agent as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you want to get a comparison quote for a specific company, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
Do you need an independent or exclusive car insurance agent?
When looking for a local Stockton insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents that you can select. Agencies in Stockton are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can provide car insurance policies, but it’s worth learning the difference between them since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Listed below are Stockton exclusive insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Ramon Fernandez – State Farm Insurance Agent
3443 Deer Park Dr D – Stockton, CA 95219 – (209) 461-0170 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance Agent: Richard Perry
7895 N Pershing Ave – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 477-9936 – View Map
- Jim Molina – State Farm Insurance Agent
7273 Murray Dr #7 – Stockton, CA 95210 – (209) 473-0516 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are not required to write business for one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison. Most also write with smaller mutual companies which can save you money.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Stockton willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Dohrmann Insurance Agency, Inc.
3415 Brookside Rd – Stockton, CA 95219 – (209) 478-1400 – View Map
- Sanguinetti and Co Insurance Brokers
7337 Pacific Ave – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 322-4048 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Larry Benson Insurance Agency Inc
4545 Georgetown Pl Ste A1 – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 337-0241 – View Map
If you receive positive responses as well as cheap 911 insurance quotes, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles.
Car insurance company ratings
Selecting a good quality car insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies there are in Stockton. The ranking data in the lists below could help you choose which companies you want to consider comparing rates with.
Top 10 Stockton Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Top 10 Stockton Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Shop around and save
We just presented many ideas to lower your Porsche 911 insurance rates in Stockton. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Stockton auto insurance, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
When getting Stockton auto insurance quotes online, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
More tips and info about auto insurance is available by following these links:
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Stockton Car Insurance Rates for Welfare Recipients? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Stockton Auto Insurance for Good Students? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Stockton Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Should I Buy a New or Used Car? (Allstate)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)