I really doubt anyone loves paying for car insurance, especially when the prices are way too high.
Unfortunately, almost 70% of drivers have remained with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Drivers in California could save an average of 35% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they think it’s difficult to go online and compare rates.
How to buy cheaper Pontiac GTO insurance in Stockton
The preferred way to save money on Pontiac GTO insurance is to regularly compare quotes from companies that insure vehicles in Stockton.
- Step 1: Read about what is in your policy and the measures you can take to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. View prices
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage and see if you can save money. If you find a better price and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new insurance company. Once received, place your new proof of insurance certificate in your glove compartment.
One thing to point out is to try to use the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get prices from every company you can. This provides an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
Insurance companies such as Allstate, Progressive and GEICO constantly blast consumers with fancy advertisements and it is challenging if not impossible to see past the geckos and flying pigs and take the time to shop coverage around.
You should take the time to get comparison quotes once or twice a year because prices are constantly changing. Just because you had the lowest rate on Pontiac GTO insurance in Stockton six months ago there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re going to learn how to use the internet to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Finding Pontiac GTO insurance in Stockton
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Stockton, CA. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the lowest price.
Get lower-cost Pontiac GTO insurance in Stockton with discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize every policy discount very clearly, so the list below contains some of the best known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Stockton car insurance online. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Stockton Homeowners Pay Less – Just owning your own home can save you money since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- Paperwork-free – A handful of larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing on the internet.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on GTO insurance in Stockton.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one isn’t a discount, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear for a set time period.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow driving data collection to study their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course as it can save substantially.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a good way to get lower rates on car insurance.
Policy discounts save money, but most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- 21st Century offers discounts for homeowners, teen driver, driver training, early bird, 55 and older, and automatic seat belts.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, multiple autos, defensive driving training, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and good driver.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for accident-free, good student, easy pay, anti-theft, family plan, business or organization, and multi-policy.
- Esurance has discounts for homeowner, anti-theft, multi-policy, good driver, emergency road assistance, DriveSense, and Switch & Save.
- The Hartford has savings for air bag, defensive driver, bundle, driver training, vehicle fuel type, good student, and anti-theft.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above might not apply in your state. To find car insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in Stockton, click here to view.
Ratings for California car insurance companies
Buying coverage from the right insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies there are to choose from in Stockton. The company information in the next section may help you choose which providers to look at when comparing rates.
Top 10 Stockton Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Five Tips to Get Cheaper Stockton Insurance Costs
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that help determine the rates you pay for insurance. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but some are more obscure such as your credit history or your commute time.
Do you know your deductibles? – The deductibles state the amount of money you are required to pay if the claim is covered. Protection for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply would be collision with another vehicle, collision with a deer, and damage caused by road hazards. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less your insurance will be.
Drive lots and pay more – The more you drive annually the more you will pay for insurance. Almost all companies charge rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars that are left in the garage cost less to insure as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Incorrect rating for your GTO can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your policy shows the correct usage for each vehicle.
Better prices with anti-theft devices – Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft prevention features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop auto theft.
Drive a fast car and pay more – The type of vehicle you are insuring makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest insurance rates are usually found on low performance passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
Poor credit decisions can cost you – A driver’s credit history is a big factor in determining premium rates. Drivers with excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit history could use some work, you could pay less to insure your Pontiac GTO if you clean up your credit.