It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. Drivers who get comparison quotes at least once a year are very likely to switch car insurance companies because they stand a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey revealed that drivers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding discount rates on insurance is your ultimate objective, learning how to choose a company and compare insurance premiums can make shopping around easier.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get discount auto insurance rates in Stockton is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies who provide auto insurance in California. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about what is in your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like accidents, traffic violations, and poor credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Continue reading for ideas to get cheaper coverage and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application for your new policy. Once received, keep the new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
The most important part of this process is to compare similar limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from all possible companies. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Best companies for cheap Lexus IS 350 insurance in California
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in California. If multiple companies are shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rates and detailed analysis
The table shown next highlights a range of rate quotes for Lexus IS 350 models. Being more informed about how auto insurance prices are figured is important for making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|IS 350 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$534||$424||$26||$126||$1,382||$115|
|IS 350 C 2-Dr Convertible||$272||$534||$424||$26||$126||$1,382||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate quotes do not factor in specific zip code location which can affect price quotes significantly.
Full coverage rates vs. liability-only in Stockton
The chart below shows the difference between Lexus IS 350 premium costs with and without full coverage. The prices are based on no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no set rule for eliminating physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Lexus IS 350 claim settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $200 annually for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some scenarios where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest in the vehicle. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Four Things That Influence Your Insurance Prices
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are less obvious such as your credit history or your commute time. An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the things that are used to determine your premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower rates.
The items below are a few of the things that factor into rates.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The make and model of the car or truck you need insurance for makes a substantial difference in determining your rates. The best insurance prices are usually for low performance passenger cars, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
The following chart is based on a married female driver age 40, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Lexus IS 350 insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of performance risks.
- Avoid coverage lapses – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a guaranteed way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance may result in fines or a revoked license. You may have to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Low credit rating equals high prices – Credit rating will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. Therefore, if your credit rating can be improved, you may save money insuring your Lexus IS 350 if you clean up your credit. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with bad credit.
Youthful drivers pay high prices – Older insureds tend to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and get fewer tickets. Youthful drivers are proven to be more careless with other occupants in the car therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
The next chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Lexus IS 350 insurance loss probability – Insurers use historical loss data when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that have increased claim numbers or amounts will have a higher premium rate. The data below shows the actual insurance loss data for Lexus IS 350 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentages above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Lexus IS 350 Vehicles Specific Lexus Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lexus IS 350 4dr 2WD 165 88 186 101 Lexus IS 350 4dr 4WD 200 72 206 Lexus IS 350 Convertible 98BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Lower your car insurance rates with discounts
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed in the military can result in better rates.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Mature Driver Discount – Mature drivers may receive better car insurance rates.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a course in defensive driver may get you a small discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Multi-line Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- Distant Student Discount – Older children who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car could get you a discount.
One last thing about discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way.
The information below shows the difference between Lexus IS 350 premium costs with and without discounts applied. The rates are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
Some companies that may have most of the discounts above include:
If you need cheaper Stockton auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply to policyholders in Stockton.
Independent versus exclusive car insurance agents
Some consumers prefer to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Professional insurance agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. The best thing about price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find better rates and also buy local. And buying from local agents is important particularly in Stockton.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area that can provide free Stockton auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best provider requires more thought than just the quoted price. Any agent in Stockton should be willing to answer these questions.
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- How are they compensated?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
If you feel you receive reasonable responses for all questions you ask and an acceptable price quote, you may have found an provider that can be relied on to service your policy.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Will my Lexus IS 350 be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Lower rates by being persistent
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to shop for Lexus IS 350 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Stockton auto insurance, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Stockton auto insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest prices are with some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Discount Lexus IS 350 insurance in Stockton is available both online in addition to many Stockton insurance agents, so get free Stockton auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer rates over the internet and most of the time these smaller companies sell through local independent agents.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Who Has Affordable Stockton Car Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Stockton Auto Insurance for 4×4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for College Students in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for a GMC Sierra in Stockton? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Santa Fe in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Felons in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)