To save the most money, the best way to get discount Ford Transit Connect insurance is to compare prices regularly from providers that sell auto insurance in Stockton. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Read about auto insurance and the steps you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and a poor credit rating can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Stockton. If you find better rates and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is to make sure you’re comparing the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote and and to look at as many companies as you can. Doing this helps ensure a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, a large majority of drivers in California have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and nearly half have never even shopped around for affordable coverage. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could cut their rates by 46.5% a year by just shopping around, but they don’t want to take the time to compare other rate quotes.
If you are already insured, you will most likely be able to find better prices using these methods. The purpose of this post is to help you learn how insurance works and also pocket some savings Nevertheless, California car owners need to learn how insurance companies market insurance on the web because it can help you find the best coverage.
Save a ton with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be available discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts will apply when you purchase, but a few need to be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit.
- Data Collection Discounts – Stockton drivers who agree to allow their auto insurance company to analyze where and when they drive by installing a telematics device like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could save a few bucks as long as they are good drivers.
- ABS Brakes – Cars and trucks equipped with ABS or steering control can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on Transit Connect insurance in Stockton.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying a policy with multiple cars with the same auto insurance company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Stockton car insurance depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you are able to get a discount up to 10%.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially as compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings as much as 30%.
- Military Rewards – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
It’s important to understand that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The information below shows the difference between Ford Transit Connect yearly insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The premiums are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including five-year accident-free, driver training, anti-theft, federal employee, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, and daytime running lights.
- Travelers may offer discounts for early quote, multi-car, driver training, good student, new car, payment discounts, and continuous insurance.
- Nationwide offers premium reductions for multi-policy, anti-theft, good student, defensive driving, accident-free, business or organization, and easy pay.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include youthful driver, mature driver, early shopping, good student, business and professional, homeowner, and electronic funds transfer.
- Esurance has savings for anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote, good student, and DriveSense.
- State Farm offers discounts including good student, multiple autos, good driver, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, homeowner, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include anti-theft, accident-free, low natural disaster claims, good driver, good student, and multi-policy.
When quoting, ask every prospective company how many discounts you can get. Some discounts may not be available in your area.
Most major insurance companies provide coverage price quotes directly from their websites. Getting online quotes for Ford Transit Connect insurance in Stockton is quite simple as you simply type in your personal and coverage information into a form. After the form is submitted, their quoting system gets your driving record and credit report and generates a price determined by many factors.
Quoting online for Ford Transit Connect insurance in Stockton streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to get many rate quotes if you are searching for a better rate.
In order to find out how much you can save on auto insurance, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you input coverages and limits identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have a rate comparison for exact coverage.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Stockton, CA. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Premium rates and analysis
The table displayed below highlights detailed analysis of rate quotes for Ford Transit Connect models. Understanding how rate quotes are formulated helps drivers make smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Transit Connect XL 2WD||$178||$354||$450||$26||$134||$1,142||$95|
|Transit Connect XLT 2WD||$178||$354||$450||$26||$134||$1,142||$95|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in specific Stockton garaging location which can increase or decrease insurance rates substantially.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Ford Transit Connect insurance costs for each age group. The information is based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Careless driving habits raise Stockton auto insurance rates
The information below illustrates how traffic citations and accidents can drive up Ford Transit Connect insurance costs for each age group. The data is based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage or liability only
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Ford Transit Connect insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The prices are based on no claims or violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no set guideline to stop buying physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s pretend your Ford Transit Connect claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $4,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are currently paying more than $400 annually for physical damage coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not a good plan. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
How Insurance Companies Determine Ford Transit Connect Insurance Rates
Lots of things are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but others are more transparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is.
- Don’t cut corners with liability protection – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if ever you are determined to be liable for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Your career may increase prices – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Careers like military personnel, social workers, and stock brokers have higher premium rates in part from high stress levels and lengthy work days. Conversely, careers such as farmers, engineers and performers pay lower than average rates.
- Cheaper rates by bundling – Lots of insurers apply a discount to clients who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even if you’re getting this discount drivers will still want to compare other company rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Male rates may be higher – Statistics have proven that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. They both cause at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are the most expensive to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Ford Transit Connect annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The data is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that sound like a good idea at the time if you aren’t careful. Coverage for things like replacement cost coverage, towing, and term life insurance are probably not needed. They may seem good when you first buy your policy, but your needs may have changed so think about removing them and cutting costs.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people would prefer to visit with an insurance agent and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get lower rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local agents is still important in Stockton.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
When searching for a local insurance agency, you need to know there are two different agency structures from which to choose. Agents are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and potentially find a lower price. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When comparing car insurance prices, you will want to include rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with less well-known companies which could offer lower prices.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agents in Stockton who may provide price quote information.
- Quality General Insurance Services
3008 E Hammer Ln # 109 – Stockton, CA 95212 – (209) 952-5139 – View Map
- Lucchesi Jr Dan A
2522 Grand Canal Blvd # 9 – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 957-6515 – View Map
- Protection Providers Insurance Agency
304 W Harding Way – Stockton, CA 95204 – (209) 466-1072 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents are contracted to one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. They receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Below are Stockton exclusive agents who can help you get price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Ryan Merin
3439 Brookside Rd #106 – Stockton, CA 95219 – (209) 957-4675 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Reklai Salazar
7843 N Pershing Ave – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 407-4000 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Linda Uribe
2120 Pacific Ave – Stockton, CA 95204 – (209) 944-9400 – View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. You should also get answers to these questions.
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
After receiving good feedback as well as a affordable price, you may have found a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to service your policy.
Car insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Stockton, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Ford at a much higher rate and make you pay for it.
- Car insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Ford as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. The average driver in California is overpaying over $869 every year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to save money.
How much can you save?
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions and even poor customer service. Whatever your reason, finding a new company can be pretty painless.
When getting Stockton car insurance quotes online, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone sacrificed full coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Low-cost Ford Transit Connect insurance in Stockton is definitely available online and with local Stockton insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not have price quotes online and many times these small insurance companies sell through independent insurance agencies.
To learn more, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for State Employees in Stockton? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Electric Cars in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Stockton Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Drivers? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)