Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Consumers in Stockton can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rate quotes.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to save money on Ford F-350 insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Stockton. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- First, gain an understanding of coverages and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that increase rates like speeding tickets, accidents and an unacceptable credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Second, compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new company. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new proof of insurance certificate above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One tip to remember is to make sure you enter identical deductibles and limits on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this provides an accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using these techniques. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Stockton is really quite easy. But California car owners can benefit from knowing the way insurance companies price insurance differently and use it to find better rates.
When looking for affordable Stockton car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare quotes from many different California insurance companies. The best way to find the cheapest Ford F-350 insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
Getting rates online is very simple and it replaces the need to spend time driving to all the different Stockton insurance agencies. Comparing Ford F-350 insurance rates online has made agencies unnecessary unless you prefer the guidance of a licensed agent. It is possible with some companies compare online quotes and have a local agent actually service the policy.
Just keep in mind that comparing a wide range of rates increases the chance that you will find the best price.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Stockton, CA. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Protect more than your Ford vehicle
Even though Stockton F-350 insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability protection if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a lienholder, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Ford at a much higher rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is overpaying more than $820 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Ford F-350 detailed coverage information
The coverage table displayed next showcases a range of insurance rates for Ford F-350 models. Having insight into how car insurance premiums are calculated can be of help when making decisions when shopping your coverage around.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$428||$834||$894||$52||$268||$2,476||$206|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 4WD||$428||$834||$894||$52||$268||$2,476||$206|
|F-350 XL Super Cab 2WD||$476||$708||$596||$36||$178||$1,994||$166|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$476||$834||$894||$52||$268||$2,524||$210|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$476||$834||$596||$36||$178||$2,120||$177|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$476||$834||$596||$36||$178||$2,120||$177|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$476||$834||$894||$52||$268||$2,524||$210|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 4WD||$476||$834||$894||$52||$268||$2,524||$210|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch 4WD||$476||$834||$894||$52||$268||$2,524||$210|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$476||$834||$894||$52||$268||$2,524||$210|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$476||$834||$894||$52||$268||$2,524||$210|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$476||$834||$894||$52||$268||$2,524||$210|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$476||$834||$596||$36||$178||$2,120||$177|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Cabela Package 2WD||$476||$834||$596||$36||$178||$2,120||$177|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab King Ranch 2WD||$476||$834||$596||$36||$178||$2,120||$177|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4WD||$476||$960||$894||$52||$268||$2,650||$221|
|F-350 Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 4WD||$476||$960||$894||$52||$268||$2,650||$221|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Package 4WD||$476||$960||$894||$52||$268||$2,650||$221|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$476||$960||$894||$52||$268||$2,650||$221|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 4WD||$476||$960||$894||$52||$268||$2,650||$221|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$476||$960||$894||$52||$268||$2,650||$221|
|F-350 XLT Super Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$476||$960||$894||$52||$268||$2,650||$221|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat 2WD||$526||$834||$596||$36||$178||$2,170||$181|
|F-350 XL Super Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$526||$834||$596||$36||$178||$2,170||$181|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$526||$834||$596||$36||$178||$2,170||$181|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$526||$834||$596||$36||$178||$2,170||$181|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Lariat 2WD||$526||$834||$596||$36||$178||$2,170||$181|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Harley Edition 2WD||$526||$834||$596||$36||$178||$2,170||$181|
|F-350 XL Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 2WD||$526||$834||$596||$36||$178||$2,170||$181|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$526||$960||$894||$52||$268||$2,700||$225|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Turbo Diesel 4WD||$526||$960||$894||$52||$268||$2,700||$225|
|F-350 Crew Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$526||$960||$894||$52||$268||$2,700||$225|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 4WD||$526||$960||$894||$52||$268||$2,700||$225|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$526||$960||$596||$36||$178||$2,296||$191|
|F-350 XLT Crew Cab King Ranch Turbo Diesel 2WD||$526||$960||$596||$36||$178||$2,296||$191|
|F-350 Super Cab Harley Turbo Diesel 2WD||$526||$960||$596||$36||$178||$2,296||$191|
|F-350 Super Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 2WD||$526||$960||$596||$36||$178||$2,296||$191|
|F-350 Super Cab XLT Turbo Diesel 2WD||$526||$960||$596||$36||$178||$2,296||$191|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 4WD||$526||$960||$894||$52||$268||$2,700||$225|
|F-350 Crew Cab Cabela Turbo Diesel 4WD||$526||$960||$894||$52||$268||$2,700||$225|
|F-350 Crew Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$526||$960||$596||$36||$178||$2,296||$191|
|F-350 Super Cab Lariat Turbo Diesel 2WD||$526||$960||$596||$36||$178||$2,296||$191|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can increase or decrease coverage rates considerably.
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can change Ford F-350 insurance premiums for different age groups. The costs are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The example below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders influence Ford F-350 car insurance rates for each different age group. The rates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Ford F-350 liability rates compared to full coverage
The information below shows the difference between Ford F-350 auto insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no specific rule to delete comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s say your Ford F-350 settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $200 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
Lower-cost Stockton car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Some of these discounts will be visible when you complete an application, but some must be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Club Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization may earn a discount on car insurance.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Stockton drivers who agree to allow companies to spy on driving habits by using a telematic data system like Allstate’s Drivewise could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having an actively deployed family member could mean lower premium rates.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Payment Method – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Early Signing – Some companies provide a discount for renewing your policy early. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
Remember that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any amount of discount will bring down your overall bill.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Ford F-350 insurance prices with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The rate quotes are based on a male driver, no violations or claims, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, multi-car, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of car insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be read below.
- The Hartford has savings for driver training, anti-theft, vehicle fuel type, bundle, air bag, good student, and defensive driver.
- American Family offers discounts for mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, early bird, good student, and TimeAway discount.
- Progressive has discounts for homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers discounts include home ownership, multi-car, multi-policy, save driver, and new car.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for bundle discounts, multi-car, homeowner, business and professional, mature driver, and switch companies.
- USAA includes discounts for multi-vehicle, vehicle storage, new vehicle, military installation, family discount, multi-policy, and annual mileage.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including multi-policy, new vehicle discount, hybrid vehicle, teen driver discount, new move discount, multi-car, and safety features.
When quoting, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not apply everywhere. To see a list of insurers that offer discounts in California, click this link.
When to have guidance from an agent
A small number of people still like to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision An additional benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is definitely important in Stockton.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is emailed to insurance agents in Stockton who will give competitive quotes for your business. You won’t even need to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, you would need to navigate to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Deciding on an insurance company should include more criteria than just the quoted price. A good agent in Stockton will have answers to these questions.
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- How are claims handled?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Stockton?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When quoting and choosing coverage for your vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance needs to address that.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether you may require specific advice.
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Quote more and you will save more
When buying insurance coverage, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Discount Ford F-350 insurance in Stockton can be sourced from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some auto insurance companies don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 19 Year Olds in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Institute)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)