If you want to save the most money, the best way to quote cheaper car insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from companies who can sell car insurance in Stockton.
- Step 1: Try to learn about how your policy works and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many factors that cause rate increases like traffic citations and a not-so-good credit history can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. This article provides more details to get cheaper rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies. View rates
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new policy. As soon as you have the new policy, safely store the proof of insurance paperwork with your registration paperwork.
An important part of this process is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get rates from every company you can. This provides a fair price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Unfortunately, nearly 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. With the average premium in California being $1,400, drivers can cut their rates by as much as $469 a year just by shopping around, but they don’t want to take the time to go online and compare rates.
If you are already insured, you stand a good chance to be able to get lower rates using this information. Buying the cheapest car insurance in Stockton is not that difficult as long as you know where to start. But California drivers benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web because rates fluctuate considerably.
Rates and statistics
The rate information displayed below showcases estimates of coverage costs for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Having a better understanding of how insurance prices are calculated can be of help when making decisions on the best policy to buy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$358||$546||$654||$38||$196||$1,792||$149|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$358||$630||$654||$38||$196||$1,876||$156|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$358||$630||$654||$38||$196||$1,876||$156|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$358||$630||$654||$38||$196||$1,876||$156|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$358||$630||$654||$38||$196||$1,876||$156|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$358||$630||$654||$38||$196||$1,876||$156|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$398||$546||$654||$38||$196||$1,832||$153|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$398||$630||$654||$38||$196||$1,916||$160|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$398||$630||$654||$38||$196||$1,916||$160|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$398||$546||$654||$38||$196||$1,832||$153|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$398||$546||$654||$38||$196||$1,832||$153|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$398||$712||$654||$38||$196||$1,998||$167|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$398||$712||$654||$38||$196||$1,998||$167|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$398||$546||$654||$38||$196||$1,832||$153|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$398||$546||$654||$38||$196||$1,832||$153|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$398||$546||$654||$38||$196||$1,832||$153|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$438||$630||$654||$38||$196||$1,956||$163|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$438||$630||$654||$38||$196||$1,956||$163|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$438||$630||$654||$38||$196||$1,956||$163|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$438||$630||$654||$38||$196||$1,956||$163|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific location which can impact premiums considerably.
The diagram below highlights how deductible choice and can change Dodge Ram 2500 premium costs for different insured age categories. Data assumes a married female driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cheaper Stockton insurance rates with discounts
Not too many consumers would say insurance is affordable, but there could be significant discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your auto and home insurance with the same company you could save at least 10% off all policies.
- Driver Safety – Passing a driver safety course may get you a small discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags may get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger insurance companies have a lower premium rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Allstate and GEICO will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay less when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Discount for New Cars – Insuring a new Ram 2500 can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Professional Organizations – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Stockton is a simple method to lower premiums on your bill.
- Multiple Cars – Purchasing coverage when you have all your vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
The illustration below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram 2500 car insurance costs with and without discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, multi-policy, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for renewal discount, multi-vehicle, good student, youthful driver, and driver training.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for claim-free, good student, accident-free, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, and good student.
- AAA discounts include AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good student, good driver, multi-car, pay-in-full, and anti-theft.
- American Family may include discounts for Steer into Savings, good student, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, and air bags.
- GEICO offers discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, air bags, and federal employee.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Drive Safe & Save, anti-theft, driver’s education, good driver, and multiple autos.
If you need the cheapest Dodge Ram 2500 rate quotes, ask all the companies which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above might not apply in every state. To choose insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in California, click here to view.
Auto insurance coverage options for a Dodge Ram 2500
Having a good grasp of auto insurance can be of help when determining the best coverages for your vehicles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property in an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 15/30/5 which means a $15,000 limit per person for injuries, $30,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability can pay for things like loss of income, court costs, pain and suffering and medical services. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but consider buying higher limits if possible. California requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why minimum state limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Collision insurance pays for damage to your Ram 2500 caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like colliding with a tree, crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Ram 2500 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many California drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (15/30/5 in California), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hail damage, vandalism and hitting a bird. The most a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, dental work and ambulance fees. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Affordable coverage is out there
When trying to cut insurance costs, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many instances, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in Stockton. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Stockton car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest prices come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
To learn more, take a look at the articles below:
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Stockton Auto Insurance Quotes for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- How Much are Stockton Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Honda CR-V in Stockton? (FAQ)
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)