Shocking but true, nearly 70% of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. Most drivers in Stockton could cut their rates by nearly $469 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to shop around.
The recommended way to find the cheapest price for auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from providers who can sell car insurance in Stockton. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Learn about how your policy works and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like careless driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be improved by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the quotes to the price on your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a better price and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new agent or company. Once the application is submitted, place your new certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
A tip to remember is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
If you have coverage now or are looking for a new policy, take advantage of these tips to get lower rates and still have adequate protection. Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Stockton is actually quite simple. Smart shoppers just have to use the most efficient way to compare rate quotes using one simple form.
Getting a cheaper price on Audi A5 insurance is not rocket science. Just invest a little time to compare rates from some recommended companies.
Comparing free rate quotes online is easy and it, replaces the need to drive to local Stockton insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you want the professional advice of a local Stockton agent. Although, it is possible price shop online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
The companies in the list below are ready to provide quotes in Stockton, CA. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
Statistics and details
The information displayed next covers estimates of insurance coverage prices for Audi A5 models. Having a better idea how premiums are formulated can help guide drivers when making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium 2-Dr Coupe||$370||$764||$424||$26||$128||$1,712||$143|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$370||$764||$424||$26||$128||$1,712||$143|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$370||$866||$424||$26||$128||$1,814||$151|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Premium Plus 2-Dr Coupe||$370||$866||$424||$26||$128||$1,814||$151|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige 2-Dr Coupe||$370||$866||$424||$26||$128||$1,814||$151|
|A5 2.0T Premium 2-Dr Convertible||$370||$866||$500||$30||$150||$1,916||$160|
|A5 2.0T Premium Plus 2-Dr Convertible||$370||$866||$500||$30||$150||$1,916||$160|
|A5 2.0T Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$406||$866||$424||$26||$128||$1,850||$154|
|A5 2.0T Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Convertible||$406||$866||$500||$30||$150||$1,952||$163|
|A5 2.0T Prestige 2-Dr Convertible||$406||$866||$500||$30||$150||$1,952||$163|
|A5 3.2 Quattro Prestige S-Line 2-Dr Coupe||$406||$966||$424||$26||$128||$1,950||$163|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower premiums considerably.
Safe drivers pay less for car insurance
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and fender-benders can affect Audi A5 premium costs for each age group. The rates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Verify you’re earning every discount
Car insurance companies don’t list every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you. If you don’t get every credit possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Cautious Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Buy New and Save – Insuring a new A5 is cheaper because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government could provide a small rate reduction with some auto insurance companies.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Auto/Life Discount – If the company offers life insurance, you could get lower rates if you buy some life insurance too.
- Save over 55 – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get better auto insurance rates.
- E-sign – Some auto insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Audi A5 auto insurance costs with and without discounts. The price estimates are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, and claim-free discounts applied.
Popular auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are:
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, student away at school, and driver’s education.
- American Family offers premium reductions for early bird, good driver, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- GEICO offers discounts for good student, membership and employees, defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, daytime running lights, seat belt use, and air bags.
- 21st Century includes discounts for defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, automatic seat belts, student driver, driver training, early bird, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, and online quote discount.
Double check with each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in Stockton. To view insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in California, follow this link.
Insuring your Audi vehicle just makes sense
Despite the high insurance cost for a Audi A5 in Stockton, insuring your vehicle serves a purpose in several ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Audi A5 has a loan, most banks will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Audi for a much higher rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. Unknowingly, the average driver is wasting up to $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- What is the ISO rating for a Audi A5?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Neighborhood Stockton auto insurance agents
Many people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a smart move Agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Stockton that can provide free Stockton auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Finding a good insurer should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Stockton?
Choose the right auto insurance agent
When searching for a reputable agency, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies in Stockton may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either type can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it’s worth learning the differences because it may have an impact on which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company and examples are AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Stockton that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
These agents are not locked into one company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to do anything. When comparing car insurance prices, you will want to get quotes from a couple of independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Stockton that can give you comparison quotes.