A recent auto insurance study discovered that the vast majority of consumers renewed their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never compared rate quotes at all. U.S. insurance shoppers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but they don’t believe the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Really, the only way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to annually compare prices from insurers that insure vehicles in Stockton. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to learn a little about the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that result in higher prices like speeding and a substandard credit history can be controlled by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for the details to prevent expensive rate increases and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit payment and a completed application to the newly selected company. Once received, safely store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location.
The critical component of shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare similar coverage information on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
This article’s intent is to help educate you on how insurance works and some tips to save money. If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to buy cheaper auto insurance using the ideas covered in this article. Although California drivers can benefit by having an understanding of how big insurance companies market on the web because rates are impacted by many factors.
The best way we recommend to compare car insurance rates for Volvo S60 insurance in Stockton is to know car insurance companies provide online access to compare their rates. All consumers are required to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information such as coverage limits, how old drivers are, any included safety features, and which vehicles you own. Your information is sent automatically to multiple top-rated companies and they return cost estimate within a short period of time.
To start a quote now, click here then complete the form.
The providers in the list below provide free quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Three good reasons to insure your Volvo vehicle
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volvo in Stockton, insurance is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will require you to have insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Volvo for a much higher rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also reimburse you for many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Volvo gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $820 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at least once a year to save money.
Save money on Volvo S60 insurance in Stockton with these insurance discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may find discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain credits will be shown at quote time, but a few need to be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save up to 5%.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- Multiple Cars – Having multiple cars with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies reward drivers for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current S60 insurance policy. You could save around 10% when you buy Stockton auto insurance online.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Stockton auto insurance quote.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount should help reduce your policy premium.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, safe vehicle, accident-free, anti-theft, multiple policy, good driver, and defensive driving training.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including good student, bundled insurance, mySafetyValet, early bird, and TimeAway discount.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, driver training, multi-vehicle, federal employee, and emergency military deployment.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for automatic seat belts, air bags, anti-lock brakes, 55 and older, teen driver, and defensive driver.
- Progressive has discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, online signing, good student, and multi-vehicle.
Before buying, ask each company or agent to give you their best rates. Discounts may not be available in your area. If you would like to view insurance companies who offer free Volvo S60 insurance quotes in California, click here to view.
Insurance agents near you
Some people would rather buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes and also buy local. Buying from and supporting local insurance agencies is definitely important in Stockton.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes to get your business. You never need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent immediately to you. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Stockton for you
If you are searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, you must know there are a couple types of agencies that you can choose from. Insurance agencies in Stockton are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type are appointed with more than one company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part. When comparing insurance prices, we recommend you contact at a minimum one independent agency so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller regional carriers which could offer lower prices.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agents in Stockton who may provide rate quotes.
- Stockton Insurance Services
1407 E Miner Ave – Stockton, CA 95205 – (209) 941-4444 – View Map
- RVA Insurance Agency, Inc
1341 West Robinhood Drive, ste A-1 – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 898-0650 – View Map
- Beacon Padula Insurance
1150 W Robinhood Dr Suite 2b – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 478-3775 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers sometimes choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than low rates.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Stockton that are able to give price quotes.
- Ramon Fernandez – State Farm Insurance Agent
3443 Deer Park Dr D – Stockton, CA 95219 – (209) 461-0170 – View Map
- Wandy Siam – State Farm Insurance Agent
4410 N Pershing Ave, Ste C7 – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 477-5511 – View Map
- Jim Molina – State Farm Insurance Agent
7273 Murray Dr #7 – Stockton, CA 95210 – (209) 473-0516 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Stockton?
When to get professional advice
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really isn’t a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
What is the best car insurance company in Stockton?
Finding the right company can be a challenge considering how many companies are available to choose from in California. The information in the next section may help you choose which providers to look at to insure your vehicles.
Top 10 Stockton Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Top 10 Stockton Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
As you restructure your insurance plan, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn’t have enough coverage. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies only sell through local independent agencies. Cheap Volvo S60 insurance in Stockton can be sourced online and from local insurance agents, so you need to compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to compare Volvo S60 insurance rates in Stockton. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better your chances of lowering your car insurance rates. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Stockton? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Low Credit Scores in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)