The most effective way to get discount car insurance rates in Stockton is to annually compare prices from insurers who sell insurance in California. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
First, read about how insurance works and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic tickets, and a not-so-good credit history can be rectified by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Keep reading for more details to get affordable coverage and get bigger discounts.
Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
Third, compare the quotes to your current policy and see if you can save money. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is to try to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote and and to get rate quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
Amazingly, most car insurance buyers have bought car insurance from the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never quoted car insurance rates at all. Drivers in Stockton can save about $470 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don’t believe how much they could save if they moved their coverage to a different company.
First Step: Get free Hyundai Accent insurance quotes
The following companies can provide price quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
The coverage table displayed below highlights a range of insurance policy prices for Hyundai Accent models. Being aware of how insurance prices are established can help drivers make smart choices when purchasing an insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accent Blue 2-Dr Hatchback||$178||$374||$394||$24||$118||$1,088||$91|
|Accent GS 2-Dr Hatchback||$208||$454||$394||$24||$118||$1,198||$100|
|Accent GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$536||$524||$32||$156||$1,456||$121|
|Accent SE 2-Dr Hatchback||$238||$616||$394||$24||$118||$1,390||$116|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in garaging location in Stockton which can decrease or increase rates considerably.
The chart below demonstrates how deductible levels and can raise or lower Hyundai Accent insurance premiums for each age group. The rates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Hyundai Accent liability rates compared to full coverage
The example below visualizes the comparison of Hyundai Accent car insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The costs are based on no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There is no specific rule for dropping physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Hyundai Accent replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $8,000 after you pay the deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $800 annually for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you haven’t paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Stockton, buying auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Hyundai at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your car and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer overpays as much as $850 per year so you should quote rates at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Eight Things That Influence Your Insurance Rates
It’s important that you understand the factors that help calculate your premiums. When consumers understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in lower premium levels.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors car insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
File policy claims and pay more – Car insurance companies in California award better rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
Lower rates by increasing coverage deductibles – Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, covers your vehicle from damage. A few examples of covered claims could be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and burglary. Comp and collision deductibles represent how much money the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The more damage repair cost the insured is willing to pay, the less your car insurance will be.
Defend yourself with liability coverage – Your car insurance policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage when a court rules you are at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Is you occupation costing you more? – Do you work in a high-stress field? Careers like lawyers, airline pilots, and financial analysts usually pay higher rates than the rest of us in part from high stress and incredibly demanding work hours. Conversely, occupations such as actors, students and the unemployed get better rates.
Safety first – Safe vehicles get lower rates. These vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums.
Affects performance affects auto insurance prices – The performance of the vehicle you are insuring makes a substantial difference in your premium level. Smaller low performance passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The data below uses these assumptions: single female driver age 20, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It compares Hyundai Accent rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of risk factors.
Vehicle options can affect prices – Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping auto theft.
High credit means lower costs – Your credit score can be a huge factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Insureds that have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. If your credit history can be improved, you could save money insuring your Hyundai Accent by improving your rating.
Hyundai Accent insurance loss data – Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help determine the price you pay. Models that historically have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher premium rate.
The next table shows the historical loss data for Hyundai Accent vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is set at 100. Numbers under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent claims or larger claims.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Hyundai Accent insurance in Stockton
Some insurance providers don’t always list every discount very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on Accent insurance in Stockton.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver’s education class if it’s offered in school.
- College Student – Youth drivers who live away from home at college and don’t have a car could qualify for this discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for all your vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Own a Home and Save – Being a homeowner can save you money since owning and maintaining a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Stockton auto insurance quote when compared to bad drivers.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems are less likely to be stolen and will save you 10% or more on Accent insurance in Stockton.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used Accent can be considerably cheaper because newer models have to meet stringent safety requirements.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The illustration below shows the comparison of Hyundai Accent insurance premiums with and without discounts. The data is based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, homeowner, multi-car, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- The Hartford offers discounts including defensive driver, anti-theft, driver training, bundle, good student, vehicle fuel type, and air bag.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including bundled insurance, air bags, defensive driver, TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Progressive may have discounts that include online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, and homeowner.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for new car, multi-policy, early quote, multi-car, hybrid/electric vehicle, and driver training.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for youthful driver, teen driver, good student, early shopping, alternative fuel, and pay in full.
- USAA may include discounts for defensive driver, new vehicle, multi-policy, military installation, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for hybrid vehicle, good student, newly married, multi-car, multi-policy, and safety features.
When quoting, ask each company or agent the best way to save money. Discounts might not apply in Stockton. To find insurers with the best discounts in California, click this link.
What is the best car insurance coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing adequate coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Your needs are unique to you and your policy should reflect that.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you may require specific advice.
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in California?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
When to get advice from a local insurance agent
A small number of people just want to talk to an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you want to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best insurance company requires you to look at more than just the price. Any agent in Stockton should be willing to answer these questions.
- Is the agency active in community causes in Stockton?
- How often do they review coverages?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
When searching for a good Stockton insurance agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents from which to choose. Auto insurance policy providers are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both types can sell and service auto insurance coverage, but it’s important to know the difference between them because it may have an impact on your selection of an agent.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are highly trained on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
The following is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Stockton willing to provide rate quotes.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations so they can write business through many different auto insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies. When shopping rates, it’s a good idea to get quotes from at least one independent agent in order to compare the most rates.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Stockton willing to provide rate quotes.
The lowest rates come from being thorough
In this article, we presented many ways to reduce Hyundai Accent insurance rates online in Stockton. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. Some small companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
When getting Stockton auto insurance quotes online, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost, but do not skimp to save money.
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Nurses in Stockton? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for High Mileage Drivers in Stockton? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Real Estate Agents in Stockton? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Traverse in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Choosing a Car for Your Teen (State Farm)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)