A recent car insurance study revealed that most consumers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never taken the time to shop around. With the average car insurance premium being $1,390, California drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp the rate savings if they bought a different policy.
The easiest way to get cheaper Ford Freestyle insurance in Stockton is to compare quotes once a year from providers that insure vehicles in California. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Try to learn about how insurance works and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that cause rate increases like distracted driving and a negative credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Later in this article we will cover tips to help reduce premium rates and get bigger discounts.
Step 2: Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. View rates
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Freestyle insurance in Stockton. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Notify your company or agent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed application and payment for the new policy. As soon as you receive it, keep your new proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
An important bit of advice to remember is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on each quote request and and to analyze as many carriers as you can. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Ways to get Ford Freestyle insurance price quotes in Stockton, CA
Most of the larger companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm make it easy to get coverage prices on the web. This process is quite simple as you simply enter your required coverages into the quote form. Behind the scenes, their quoting system sends out for reports for credit and driving violations and returns a price quote based on many factors.
Using the web to get price quotes for Ford Freestyle insurance in Stockton makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get the most affordable possible premiums on auto insurance.
If you want to fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, compare rates from the companies below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you enter your coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this assures you are getting a rate comparison for similar coverage.
The auto insurance companies shown below can provide price quotes in California. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Discounts can help lower rates on Ford Freestyle insurance in Stockton
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there could be available discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Some discounts will apply at the time of quoting, but a few must be inquired about before you get the savings.
- Senior Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Claim Free – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less in comparison with policyholders that have many claims.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Memberships – Joining a civic or occupational organization in Stockton may earn a discount on your policy.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Student in College – Children living away from Stockton attending college and don’t have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
A few companies that may offer policyholders these money-saving discounts include:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
When getting free Stockton auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to every company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be available in every state. To see companies offering insurance discounts in Stockton, follow this link.
Compare prices but buy from a local neighborhood Stockton car insurance agent
A lot of people prefer to have an agent’s advice and that is just fine! The best thing about comparing car insurance online is you can get lower rates and still have a local agent.
By using this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Stockton who will give you bids for your coverage. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, just jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Which family members are covered?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
When researching an insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Car insurance policy providers can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
These type of agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to the prominence of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below are Stockton exclusive agents that can give you rate quotes.
- Farmers Insurance – Beatriz Salazar Perez
2111 W March Ln b201 – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 463-2302 – View Map
- State Farm: Cheryl Bentley
1502 St Marks Plaza #2 – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 952-5065 – View Map
- Angel Sepulveda – State Farm – Stockton
6838 Pacific Ave – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 952-2154 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents of this type often have affiliation with several companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If your agent finds better pricing, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to do anything.
When shopping rates, we recommend you compare prices from a couple of independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison. Many can place coverage with small regional insurance companies which may have better rates.
Listed below are independent agents in Stockton who can help you get rate quotes.
- Sanguinetti and Co Insurance Brokers
7337 Pacific Ave – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 322-4048 – View Map
- Dohrmann Insurance Agency, Inc.
3415 Brookside Rd – Stockton, CA 95219 – (209) 478-1400 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Maffei Ins and Fin Services
2540 Pacific Ave #1 – Stockton, CA 95204 – (209) 957-9433 – View Map
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your insurance should be unique as well.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Five factors that impact insurance costs
Lots of things are considered when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like a motor vehicle report, but others are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
Premiums increase with driving tickets – Attentive drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Having a single driving citation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers who have gotten flagrant tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may face state-mandated requirements to maintain a SR-22 with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive.
Being married reduces risk – Being married may earn you lower rates when shopping for auto insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more responsible and it’s proven that married couples file fewer claims.
Raise physical damage deductibles and save – The deductibles you choose represent how much money you are willing to pay in the event of a claim. Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers damage that occurs to your car. Examples of some claims that would be covered are colliding with a stationary object, damage caused by hail, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Amount of liability protection – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage will protect you in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability provides for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Premiums go up with performance – The performance of the car you own makes a big difference in your rates. The cheapest rates are usually found on smaller low performance passenger cars, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
Why car insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Stockton, car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ford Freestyle, more than likely the lender will require that you have physical damage coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in California overpays more than $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
One last thing about your coverage
There are still a few companies who may not offer online quoting and these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents. The cheapest Ford Freestyle insurance in Stockton is definitely available both online in addition to many Stockton insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to lower your Ford Freestyle insurance rates in Stockton. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on insurance is with the least-expected company. They may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Much more information about insurance in California can be read below: