It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who shop around for better prices are very likely to buy a new policy because there is a great chance of finding a more affordable policy premium. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who compared prices once a year saved $70 a month compared to those who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance in Stockton is your ultimate goal, then having a good understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverage rates can help make the process easier and more efficient.
The best way to get discount Chevy Aveo insurance in Stockton is to do a yearly price comparison from companies who can sell car insurance in California.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how companies price auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many things that result in higher rates such as careless driving and poor credit history can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage and see if there is a cheaper rate in Stockton. If you find better rates, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A tip to remember is to use identical coverages on every price quote and and to get price estimates from all possible companies. Doing this helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and maximum price selection.
If you have a current car insurance policy or are shopping for new coverage, use these money-saving tips to lower your rates while maintaining coverages. Finding the cheapest car insurance policy in Stockton can be fairly easy. Comparison shoppers just have to understand the most efficient way to compare different rates from many different companies.
Affordable Chevy insurance rates in Stockton
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in California. If more than one company is shown, it’s highly recommended you get rates from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
Auto insurance statistics for a Chevy Aveo
The premium table displayed below outlines a range of insurance rates for Chevy Aveo models. Being more informed about how insurance rates are established is important for making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Aveo LS 4-Dr Hatchback||$182||$418||$464||$28||$138||$1,230||$103|
|Aveo LS 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$418||$464||$28||$138||$1,230||$103|
|Aveo LT 4-Dr Hatchback||$204||$418||$464||$28||$138||$1,252||$104|
|Aveo LT 4-Dr Sedan||$204||$418||$464||$28||$138||$1,252||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and safe-driver. Table data does not factor in zip code location which can alter rates noticeably.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault collisions increase Chevy Aveo premium costs for different age categories. The data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The diagram below shows the difference between Chevy Aveo insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no set rule of when to eliminate full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Chevy Aveo replacement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $6,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $600 annually for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where only buying liability is not a good idea. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Take these eight policy discounts and save on Chevy Aveo insurance in Stockton
Some insurers do not list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down both the well known as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Stockton auto insurance online. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Aveo is cheaper since newer models are generally safer.
- Telematics Devices – Stockton drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to scrutinize driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Student in College – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free for a specific time period.
- Switch and Save Discount – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to the expiration date on your current Aveo insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- E-sign – Some of the larger companies provide a small discount get Stockton auto insurance digitally online.
- Stockton Homeowners Pay Less – Owning your own home or condo can save a few bucks since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Chevy Aveo insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the premium. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no claims or driving citations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
To see a list of insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in California, follow this link.
Which is the best auto insurance?
Always remember that when buying adequate coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
These are some specific questions might point out if you could use an agent’s help.
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- How high should deductibles be on a Chevy Aveo?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Insurance agents can find coverage gaps
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended Professional agents are trained risk managers and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for small agencies is important especially in Stockton.
Upon completion of this quick form, the quote information is sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you directly. If you need to quote rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
When searching for local Stockton agents, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they work. Insurance agencies in Stockton may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can do a good job, but it’s worth learning why they differ since it could factor into your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply move your policy to a different company and the insured can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, we highly recommend that you include rate quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Many write coverage with smaller regional carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below are independent insurance agents in Stockton who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Brown and Brown Ins. Svcs. of CA Inc. DBA Debock and Muth Insurance Agency
1330 W Fremont St – Stockton, CA 95203 – (209) 465-5671 – View Map
- Quality General Insurance Services
3008 E Hammer Ln # 109 – Stockton, CA 95212 – (209) 952-5139 – View Map
- C.Chuck Taylor Insurance Agency
9210 Thornton Rd # 5 – Stockton, CA 95209 – (209) 477-2234 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on what they offer which can be an advantage. Some insured continue to choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Stockton that can give you comparison quotes.
- Angel Sepulveda – State Farm – Stockton
6838 Pacific Ave – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 952-2154 – View Map
- Wandy Siam – State Farm Insurance Agent
4410 N Pershing Ave, Ste C7 – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 477-5511 – View Map
- Don Widmer – State Farm Insurance Agent
2155 W March Ln a – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 951-4008 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Stockton should be willing to answer these questions.
- Are they full-time agents?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
Auto insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance covers damage to your Aveo resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like rolling your car, backing into a parked car, sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible on your Aveo to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as hitting a bird, rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and theft. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical costs insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for immediate expenses for things like doctor visits, prosthetic devices, EMT expenses and surgery. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover all vehicle occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Aveo.
Since many California drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Liability car insurance
This coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see liability limits of 15/30/5 that translate to a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things such as loss of income, bail bonds, pain and suffering and funeral expenses. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The chart below shows why buying minimum limits may not provide adequate coverage.
Which car insurance company is best in Stockton?
Buying coverage from a highly-rated auto insurance company can be a challenge considering how many choices you have in Stockton. The rank data listed below may help you decide which companies you want to consider buying from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|AAA of Southern California||91||94||97||92%||A+||94.1|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Keep this in mind when shopping around
When getting Stockton auto insurance quotes online, it’s not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of ways to get a better price on Chevy Aveo insurance in Stockton. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims and even policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is easier than you think.
Helpful learning opportunities
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Bad Credit in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Police Officers in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Stockton Auto Insurance for a Ford Fusion? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for Infrequent Drivers in Stockton? (FAQ)
- How Much are Stockton Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Stockton Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)