How long has it been since you compared the cheapest Toyota Yaris insurance in Stockton? Finding more affordable rates on Toyota Yaris insurance in Stockton can be difficult for drivers who are beginners to comparing prices online. Drivers have so many options that it can turn into a ton of work to find the best price in California on Toyota Yaris insurance.
It’s amazing but nearly 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. American consumers can cut their rates by almost $850 a year, but they just feel it’s too hard to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes.
It is always a good idea to compare prices on a regular basis since insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest quotes on Toyota Yaris insurance in Stockton six months ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the only way to buy cheaper Toyota Yaris insurance in Stockton.
Compare Stockton Toyota Yaris insurance quotes
When looking for cheaper Stockton car insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare rate quotes from lots of California auto insurance companies. The best way to find affordable Toyota Yaris insurance rates consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
Keep in mind that obtaining a wide range of quotes will enable you to find better pricing.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in Stockton, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Toyota Yaris insurance in Stockton
Auto insurance companies don’t always advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Good Driver Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more compared to accident prone drivers.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a lower rate if you buy a life policy as well.
- Memberships – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on car insurance.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a driver safety course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if you qualify.
- Full Payment Discount – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Employee of Federal Government – Federal government employees can earn a discount up to 10% with select insurance companies.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Toyota Yaris insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. The prices are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, marriage, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts for driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, good driver, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
- Progressive has savings for multi-vehicle, online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Travelers offers discounts including good student, new car, home ownership, save driver, IntelliDrive, and payment discounts.
- American Family may offer discounts for accident-free, good driver, air bags, multi-vehicle, bundled insurance, and mySafetyValet.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include new graduate, newly married, multi-car, new vehicle discount, and newly retired.
If you want inexpensive Stockton car insurance quotes, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in your state.
Toyota Yaris insurance analysis
The premium table below outlines different insurance costs for Toyota Yaris models. Learning more about how insurance premiums are determined can benefit drivers when making smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Yaris 2-Dr Hatchback||$236||$534||$604||$36||$180||$1,590||$133|
|Yaris 4-Dr Hatchback||$236||$534||$534||$32||$160||$1,496||$125|
|Yaris 4-Dr Sedan||$236||$534||$534||$32||$160||$1,496||$125|
|Yaris S 2-Dr Hatchback||$272||$534||$604||$36||$180||$1,626||$136|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Hatchback||$272||$534||$534||$32||$160||$1,532||$128|
|Yaris S 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$534||$534||$32||$160||$1,532||$128|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in your specific Stockton location which can impact coverage rates substantially.
The chart below highlights how deductible choice and can raise or lower Toyota Yaris annual premium costs for each age group. The premium estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The illustration below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders can increase Toyota Yaris insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The price estimates are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to get advice from an agent
A lot of people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision The biggest benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower prices and still have a local agent. Buying insurance from local agents is definitely important in Stockton.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Stockton who will give competitive quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you need to find a local agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Stockton may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents do not sell for just one brand and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can switch companies and you stay with the same agent.
When comparison shopping, we recommend you get some free quotes from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Stockton that may be able to give you free price quotes.
- RVA Insurance Agency, Inc
1341 West Robinhood Drive, ste A-1 – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 898-0650 – View Map
- Dohrmann Insurance Agency, Inc.
3415 Brookside Rd – Stockton, CA 95219 – (209) 478-1400 – View Map
- Insurance Services of Stockton
1150 W Robinhood Dr # 1A – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 474-6174 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive are contracted to one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are well trained on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price. Drivers often choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive insurance agencies in Stockton that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Farmers Insurance: Elisa The Acosta Agency Acosta
1151 W Robinhood Dr – Stockton, CA 95207 – (209) 956-3574 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance
6 W Main St # J – Stockton, CA 95202 – (209) 463-0267 – View Map
- Ramon Fernandez – State Farm Insurance Agent
3443 Deer Park Dr D – Stockton, CA 95219 – (209) 461-0170 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How are claims handled?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
Stockton Insurance Premiums are Influenced by These Factors
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although some other factors are more obscure like where you live or your financial responsibility.
- Excellent credit means lower rates – A driver’s credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. People that have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower credit scores. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your Toyota Yaris if you improve your credit rating.
- Better auto insurance rates with anti-theft devices – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help prevent auto theft.
Auto insurance rates and age – Teenage drivers in California tend to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Having to add a first-time driver onto your auto insurance can cause a big jump in price. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and usually have better credit.
The following chart uses these variables: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Being married can lower costs – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates on your auto insurance bill. Having a significant other may mean you are more mature than a single person and statistics prove married couples file fewer claims.
- Save money by raising coverage deductibles – Your deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage, aka comp and collision, protects your car from damage. A few examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, hail damage, or theft of your vehicle. The larger the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
- Your occupation is a factor – Occupational choices like military generals, airline pilots, and stock brokers generally pay higher premiums than the average policyholder because of high stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, professions such as farmers, engineers and performers get better rates.
- Bundle and save – Most larger auto insurance companies give better rates to insureds who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to check prices from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- Commute or pleasure use – Driving a lot of miles annually the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. A lot of insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars that do not get driven very much receive lower rates than cars that get driven a lot. It’s a good idea to make sure your auto insurance policy is showing annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money. Having the wrong rating on your Yaris can cost quite a bit.
Insurance losses for a Toyota Yaris – Companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to calculate a price that will offset any claims. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have a higher cost to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Toyota Yaris vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, is represented as 100. Numbers that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Toyota Yaris Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Yaris 94 88 92BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, paying for insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Yaris has a lienholder, it’s most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Toyota for a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects your Toyota Yaris and your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Toyota as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $750 every year so shop around each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
One last thing to lower rates
Budget-conscious Toyota Yaris insurance can be purchased both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who don’t offer price quotes online and these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
In this article, we presented many tips how you can reduce Toyota Yaris insurance premium rates online in Stockton. It’s most important to understand that the more companies you get prices for, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
When getting Stockton car insurance quotes online, it’s a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. Your focus should be to get the best coverage possible at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Steps to finding more affordable Toyota Yaris insurance in Stockton
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get cheaper Toyota Yaris insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from providers that sell auto insurance in Stockton. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many factors that cause rate increases like multiple speeding tickets and a less-than-favorable credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Stockton. If you find a lower rate, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current policy and submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. As soon as you receive it, keep your new certificate of insurance in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. This enables an accurate price comparison and the best price selection.
Additional information is located on the following sites:
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Unemployed Drivers in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for 18 Year Olds in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for 16 Year Olds in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)