It’s hard to believe, but most insurance policyholders have purchased from the same company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. California drivers could pocket roughly $500 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they underestimate the amount of money they would save if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get the cheapest Acura MDX insurance is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers who provide auto insurance in Stockton. You can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Take a few minutes and learn about policy coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding and a poor credit rating can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Read the full article for more ideas to prevent rate hikes and find overlooked discounts.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies. View prices
- Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save money, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Notify your current company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new carrier. Immediately upon receiving it, put the proof of insurance paperwork in your vehicle.
One bit of advice is to make sure you’re comparing the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. This enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Insurance rate breakdown
The coverage information shown below outlines estimates of policy rates for Acura MDX models. Being able to understand how car insurance premiums are figured is important to be able to make smart buying decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MDX with Tech Package 4WD||$412||$834||$500||$30||$150||$1,926||$161|
|MDX with Tech/Entertainment 4WD||$412||$834||$500||$30||$150||$1,926||$161|
|MDX Advance 4WD||$412||$834||$500||$30||$150||$1,926||$161|
|MDX Advance/Entertainment 4WD||$412||$834||$500||$30||$150||$1,926||$161|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in Stockton location which can increase or decrease price quotes significantly.
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact Acura MDX premium costs for different age groups. The information is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Auto insurance prices based on gender
The information below visualizes the comparison of Acura MDX insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Does full coverage make sense?
The chart below compares Acura MDX insurance premiums with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums assume no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no specific rule of when to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Acura MDX replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premiums are more than $500 a year for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Decisions You Make Can Impact Your Insurance Costs
Many different elements are used when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like an MVR report, but some are less apparent like where you live or how safe your car is.
- Certain employers raise prices – Occupations like lawyers, air traffic controllers, and accountants usually pay higher average rates in part from intense work requirements and lots of time spent away from family. Other jobs like actors, athletes and performers pay lower than average rates.
- Do you know your coverage deductibles? – Your deductibles define the amount the insured will be required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Physical damage protection, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, and damage caused by road hazards. The more damage repair cost you’re willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- Drive less and get lower premiums – Driving a lot of miles in a year the higher your rate. A lot of companies charge to insure your cars based upon how much you drive. Cars that are left in the garage can be on a lower rate level than those used for commuting. Verify your declarations sheet is rated on annual mileage. Having the wrong rating on your MDX may be costing you.
- Do you really need to file those policy claims? – If you are a frequent claim filer, you shouldn’t be surprised to get either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance companies in California give discounts to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended for more catastrophic claims.
- Lower rates with GPS tracking and theft deterrents – Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Theft deterrent systems such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Only buy what you need – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that can add up when buying insurance. Coverages like replacement cost coverage, accident forgiveness, and motor club memberships may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
Insurance loss data for an Acura MDX – Car insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Models that have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will cost more for specific coverages.
The data below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Acura MDX vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles combined as an average equals 100. Values under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Acura MDX Models Specific Acura Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura MDX 4dr 2WD 73 80 102 63 56 63 Acura MDX 4dr 4WD 81 85 123 65 60 59BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare but don’t skimp
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There have been many cases where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to regret at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
In this article, we presented many ideas to find affordable Acura MDX insurance in Stockton. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Stockton auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a small local company. They often have lower rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Cheaper auto insurance in Stockton is available from both online companies and with local Stockton insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not have online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller companies work with independent insurance agencies.
Additional learning opportunities
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Veterans in Stockton? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Stockton, California? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Stockton Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Uber Drivers in Stockton? (FAQ)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)